1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there any validity to this guy's claims???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tigermission1, Jul 27, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

His name is Paul L. Williams, he's apparently written a book called "Osama's Revenge", in which he says he talks about an ultimate Al-Qaeda goal that was set all the way back in 1992, and that is what Williams calls the "American Hiroshima"; he alleges that according to multiple verified documents that he highlights and documents in his book, Al-Qaeda's ultimate goal was set to slaughter at least 4 million Americans as a "revenge" for what Bin Laden and his cronies believe to be the minumum number of Arabs/Muslims the US was responsible for directly/indirectly slaughtering over time, and so he plans to avenge that in numbers.

Moreover, the author claims that all the bombings going on in Egypt, London, Madrid, or wherever else are "sideshows", because Al-Qaeda is not interested at all in anything besides the United States, which is more or less their primary focus and target.

The most explosive part of his claims was when he talked about how AQ Khan (the "father" of the Pakistani a-bomb) had already smuggled nuclear material to the terrorists, and that the terrorists have crossed into US border already from Mexico awaiting to employ this mass terror on our soil.

He says that his book won't be out until September, and that he wasn't on the show (he was just on now with Julia Hodge on "Dayside" on FSN) to promote his book, but rather to raise this issue to the public and get the attention of our government agencies to understand this.

My question is: has anyone heard of this guy before? Does he have proof of such claims or is he just talking hot-air to scare the public enough to buy his book? Is he just another fearmongerer?

I don't quiet what to make of his claims, but the host repeatedly asked him how was it that the government didn't have knowledge of this if it was true, and he just went on about his credentials as a former FBI employee, an investigative journalist, and how he cites every claim he has made in his book.

Anyways, what do you guys make of this?

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The most explosive part of his claims was when he talked about how AQ Khan (the "father" of the Pakistani a-bomb) had already smuggled nuclear material to the terrorists, and that the terrorists have crossed into US border already from Mexico awaiting to employ this mass terror on our soil.

There is no way terrorists could smuggle a fission bomb into this country undetected through Mexico. Maybe through a port, but a Pakistani designed bomb would quite large and would take a big truck to transport around.

3. tigermission1

That's what I was thinking too, because as far as I know, those "portable" bombs are only made by the US and the Russians.

Also, there is no way in hell that Pakistan isn't keeping very close watch on all its nukes, because if ANY nuclear device is detonated on US soil, it will be VERY easily traced back to its point of origin, and the retaliation will be nothing short of total annihilation of the country responsible, even if that country was unaware of their nukes being smuggled, it won't matter.

That's basically why I asked, because it seems like those weapons to begin with are VERY hard to come by, and once a country has it, they won't give them up to some terrorist organization or other non-state groups, it's almost assured that would never, ever happen.

I think he is blowing a bunch of hot-air myself, but I thought I would put it to a debate here nevertheless. The stuff he said just seemed to far-fetched to have any validity to it.

IMO, a bioterrorism or chemical attack on American soil is much more likely and much more of a threat, which is basically what our government has concentrated on for the most part.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Could we just give BL Dallas and end all of this?

5. tigermission1

Don't forget LA and Utah :D

I heard he went on his terrorist rampage after meeting a Mavs fan, and then thinking that all Americans were Mavs fans