1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there a way to NOT SWEAT so much?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by txppratt, Jan 2, 2009.

1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

so i have wondered about this for awhile and am hoping some of you clutchfans can shed some light on the subject...

to put it bluntly: i sweat. ALOT.

it's a blessing and a curse. "blessing?" you might wonder... well let's just say i can lose weight and build muscle FAST. that part is great.

the cursed aspects of it is obvious: your slimey, and even if you're a clean sweat(er), it eventually stinks.

sweating when i work out is great, but i seem to have this hella sensitive skin that just heats up in NO TIME. so of course my skin turns on the irrigation system to cool down, right? right. but not when i'm at the club!

i'm at the bar the other night for new years and i'm trying to work my game and i'm sweating up a storm! all these other dudes aren't sweating and i am. (definitely a game killer). room's packed, been on the dance floor for prolly 20 minutes or more. and you know how it gets. HOT. no poon's going home with the sweatty guy. it really seemed like i was the only one.

ya i know it's kinda gross, but i'm hoping anyone could answer either of the following questions:

1 - how the hell do i not sweat so much? seriously! i am just screwed?

2 - if i have to sweat, is there a product anyone knows of that i could put on for when i hit the bar/club - one that will at least keep me smelling like a million bucks? (i mean, i use all the works like cologne, the deoderant, etc... and i use a good amount. so...)

hope i didn't gross you out too much and thanks in advance... i'm sure i'm not the only dude that will benefit from your wisdom!

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You sure this isn't some medical condition? lol.

3. Asian Sensation

What up Patrick Ewing.

4. txppratt

haha, yeah... well maybe... i mean... i don't know many people who's skin is like mine.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Wear cut off tees everywhere. Especially when you up in da club. For church wear a vest with nothing else underneath it.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

hahah funny story! i also sweat a lot due to the stupid genes from my dad.

But yeah, it sounds like you may have hyperhidrosis. My best advice to you is to get 'Antiperspirant Deodorants.' They contain chemical compounds that will block the pores to stop perspiration. No sweat equals no stench. And in your case, you should probably rub it on every inch of your body and not just your pits (where your main sweat glands are) lol. Not sure if it'll completely ged rid of your sweating but it should help.

If you're REALLY desperate my dad told me that in China, they have these doctors known for these. I'm not sure if its like a small surgery or a machines that does something to your glands. You can look it up..

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

There are clubs in utah?

8. txppratt

thanks man.

i wonder if i have that (hyperhidrosis) - i will start looking that up.

the only thing with anti-perspirant is that they turn all your **** (clothes) yellow from the aluminum. i hate that!

#8 txppratt, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Stop dancing. Yeah, chicks love guys who can dance - but only guys who don't "sweat up a storm" while you're doing it. Are you huge? If so, that's part of the problem. Large quantities of muscle generate more heat than small quantities - that's just par for the course.

Maybe you could adapt your body to high temperatures by going into a sauna regularly?

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Antiperspirant will only help a little and yes, they stain your clothes, not much you can do about it. There is some stronger stuff you put on at night and you are not "supposed" to have to put anything on in the morning. I use both. It helps a little, but you will still sweat some. This only helps in the pits, the rest - you just have to live with it. I think botox is supposed to do something, but I'm a little fearful in preventing too much sweat. You sweat for a reason, to cool your body off. I don't really want to prevent that and overheat. I've just learned to live with it.

As far as the women go, confidence goes a long way. All you can do is joke about your sweating.

11. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Just don't drink water. Your body will adapt.

12. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

you have something called hyperhidrosis

its not that uncommon and your health is no way in jeapordy

13. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

google it. all the info you need/want.

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If you're worried about the pits, go to your local walgreens/cvs and pick up some certaindri. The stuff works wonders. If that doesn't work for you, there's some stronger stuff called drysol, but you'll need a prescription for it.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was going to say move to a dryer climate, but you can't get much dryer than Utah (someone said that's where you are).

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah, shave all that unneccesary body hair you have. The Chewbacca look is whats making you sweat

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I have a similar problem. When I work out, I'm sweating like crazy in 5 minutes. Also, when I eat spicy food I look like I just came out of the shower. Even if it doesn't feel that spicy on my tongue (I won't need anything to drink to cool down my tongue) my body still reacts like I just ate fire.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

not exactly. i can't grow any facial hair to save my life and i'm not hairy at all. i've got the same problem as the OP. people don't like guarding me in basketball b/c i'm that guy.

20. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

HYPERHIDROSIS