1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the Hiring of MDA the biggest disappointment in Rockets History?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, May 28, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Biggest preventable blunder of my Rocket fandom (16 years)

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

A good way of putting it. Though we'll have to wait until around March 2017 to be sure. But it's not looking so optimistic right now, not when a clueless owner gets his dirty hands all over the plate.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're giving him exactly one season to turn this thing around. yeah, that's fair. :rolleyes:

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

He shouldn't have been given a single second. It's a travesty he got an interview and JVG didn't.

5. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Absolutely, this.

Nothing has ever been more disappointing of an "event" than last season. Nothing. I stopped being proud of the Rockets last season for the first time since I became a fan in 1993. Nothing has ever had me question the value of being a Rockets fan living in a non-Houston city more so than the entirety of last season. Not Michael Finley being out of bounds. Not the day McGrady lost the city of Houston. Not losing Yao in the playoffs. Nothing.

It was the single most bitter miserable event in all of my experience with Rockets basketball history.

6. pippsux

pippsux Member

All of last season

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Can't change what's happened. So I'm going to remain hopeful and cheer the team on as usual and hope the team can show more effort and get more W's.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why does he need more than one year? This is a team that has made the play-offs 4 years in a row, WCF just a year ago and has enough cap space to sign 2 max free agents. If MDA is all the owner thinks he is we should be real contenders next season. No excuses.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think JVG got a few years of interview time already. :grin:

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Spot on.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You're under the assumption the team will stay as-is.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

By this exact wording, passing over Kawhi Leonard for Marcus Morris wasn't worse?

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm under the assumption that the resources are in place. Make what ever changes are needed. Whith what the Rockets have coupled with the cap space they have no excuses not to make the right moves which will allow them to contend next season.

14. houtown

houtown Member

Is it the worse decision, probably not, but all the decisions are culminating to a point where this might be the most disappointing era in Rockets history. Can't complain about the talent, they had Yao, McGrady, Howard, Harden these past two eras and seem to have squandered that talent due to piss poor management starting from the top of the organization. They underestimate, or just do not plain understand, the intangibles it takes to win due to massive egos along with underestimating the impact a coach brings to a team. The MDA hire is just the tipping point of their ineptitude to manage and grow great talent.

15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If you think hiring MDA is the biggest disappointment in rockets history, I suggest watching every single game we had this year.

And the fact that COREY ****ING BREWER and TERRENCE JONES were rotational players on this team is muccchh more disappointing

16. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

If my observation right! Then most of fans here are wrong and too emotional. So maybe MDA is an excellent move from Winner Les and Morey.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I been watching Rockets ball since 09

Biggest dissapointments so far for me...

Drafting Morris over Leonard (we had a clear need at SF, Leonard was thought to be a top 8 pick by most)

Bosh.

Parsons going to Dallas

This season

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, except for that minor part about free agents being free to make their own choices. :rolleyes:

19. Miracles

Miracles Member

This!

#80 Miracles, May 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  20. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

There were rumors that the Trailblazers were willing to trade Drexler for Sampson somewhere around 1987-88. Could you imagine a Drexler in his prime along with Dream? That's the kind of what ifs that provide for mega disappointment. The problem here is that I'm not sure what is more disappointing, the fact that they chose him over Silas or either of the Spurs assistants or the fact that they sat on their thumbs and allowed EVERYONE else to fill their vacancies so that that was their choice.