1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Obama taxing the middle class???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MiddleMan, Dec 22, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

If so, in what way?? The only one I could think of is on cigarettes and possibly sodas as a way to tax the middle class. But feel free and add other taxes or tax increase on the middle class.

2. MiddleMan

Since my coworker kept saying that obama went back on his promise of not taxing the middle class. When I ask him in what specific way, he said you will see. So I take as he was talking out his @ss.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Clearly the guy is full of crap. If you haven't seen already, then it hasn't been done yet and the guy is just assuming that his taxes are going to go up.

As a middle class person, I can say that the taxes taken out of my paycheck are slightly lower than they were one year ago.

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Your co-worker is visionary.

This is pre-emptive griping based on Obama's secret agenda.

You should ask if he has any insight on bowl picks.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it's a refrain of the Glenn Beck type crowd and the teabagging people. Raising our taxes! That's counter to all evidence but when questioned they mean "well, it's going to happen, for sure! Just you wait!"

To their credit, if we keep deficit spending like idiots (both parties), then yes, taxes of some sort would definitely have to go up, in a simplistic picture of budgeting anyway.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

It is somewhat concerning however, that the level of misinformation coupled with vehemence has spiked so spectacularly among the ultra-right in this country. I'm reminded of the French Revolution, wherein a massive food crisis was painted by the pampleteers as an "aristocratic conspiracy" even though it was absolutely nothing of the sort. In fact, all sorts of silliness paraded around by the teabagger crowd is reminiscent of numerous unsavory aspects of the mob rule that slowly spun out of control in 1789.

7. MiddleMan

It is sad really, when he mention the bailouts under Obama's watch I had to let him know that the very first bailout was under Bush. (Obama and McCain agreed on it). He got defensive about it and walk out and left. I told him to expect a rebuttal if he wants to talk about politics. He also blamed the unemployment rate on Obama as well. Which also started under Bush watch due to the recession leading into the bailouts.

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

My mom does this. She has a fox-news inspired revisionist-history of everything and gets mad or won't listen when proven wrong. Annoying.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Cap and Trade? :confused:

Look for the attacks to come in 2011. Bush Tax cuts expire 12-31-10(as well as many stimulus/TARP provisions expire by then), and it will be used as Obama raising taxes unless they are renewed. Obama has said he wants to renew them for most of us. Pelosi wants to let them expire.

10. MiddleMan

I will look into Cap and Trade, it's been mentioned before from others.

#10 MiddleMan, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  11. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Crap and Tax: back to the Middle-Ages! Let's see, he also wants to bring forth alternative energy industries while wanting to demolish NASA. Oh joy.