1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Luka Lebron 2.0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealAllpro, Nov 4, 2019.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Forgive them, Atlanta/Georgia teams are predestined to make fortune changing moves for the worst.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Luka - 32.8% from 3 on the season on 7.1 attempts per game. 4.9 turnovers per game, all numbers going into the game tonight that will be worse after this game

And yet still 38/14/10, averaging ~27/10/9 on the year.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What a Brick!

Fatboy has no range.

King1 likes this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Just No. Luka is a 90 player. Too early to start.

5. banzai

I want to see him score 50+ on a Tuesday like it ain’t no thang and score 60 on the next game followed by a 40 point game, while continually making deep playoff runs. Then we can start throwing his name beside Harden’s.

King1 likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if you're just disagreeing because Luka is Dallas (understandable though), but reality says similar numbers/stats are *the* definition of similar-caparable. Obviously. Not sure why you're so dismissive about things.

One aspect Luka has out-done LeBron thru 90 games is clutch-ability. Small sample size, true, but that's the only sample thus far.

Koperboy likes this.
  7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is harden's 11th season. This is luka's second. They have similar games: step back 3s, jerky motions to get to the basket. Luka is not not super fast, nor is he lebron's size.

I think Harden is a great comparison for him. I don't think he is as athletic as harden, but they have similar games.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

definitely won’t argue with that dude. It’s a constant uphill battle to be neutral in a sports environment

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Should the rockets be worried? tied neck and neck with dallas again....

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Live in Dallas, luv Luka, like the comparison here, but....no.

LeBron is a physical specimen the NBA hasn't seen before (maybe Wilt?), and won't see again, at least for a really long time. Luka is anything but...just incredible basketball skills. So, even if their stats might compare...they don't.

I would say more like somewhere like a cross between Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd. Probably plays more like Kidd, just taller, and has an outside shot (which Kidd developed, but not til later in his career).

As LeBron did point out, Luka does like to get others involved like he does...but lots of players fit that bill.

11. omgTHEpotential

I've heard someone describing Luka as a Larry Bird / James Harden hybrid. I quite like that comparison.

12. banzai

Sure.

13. banzai

No

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Where did I say his game was similar to Lebron’s? I suggested his production is.

15. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Isn't it fascinating that Luka is "infinitely" (pun intended) less athletic than LeBron, but is able to put up very similar stats and is unstoppable while going to the rim. What does that say about his skills and IQ? Weird, eh... :)

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Like Harden, he has a couple 'elite' level athletic skills...the ability to stop quickly, and lateral acceleration (Harden my have forward acceleration?). So, while his overall athleticism is not 'elite', he is a lot more athletic than people thought when he came over.

Combine that with his skills and IQ, and you have a really, really good player.

But if you want to compare Luka's athleticism to LeBron's...it's not even a contest. If you held any athletic contest, maybe like the old Battle of the Superstars, LeBron would win every event...and most of those don't even focus on LeBron's main athletic advantage...he is just a lot bigger and stronger than everyone else.

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

yes, I do too! Bird was a lot better defensively than people think (maybe also like Luka? or at least what Luka could aspire to?)

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have heard someone describing that fatboy as a Oliver Miller / Moochie Norris hybrid. I like it... A lot.

King1 likes this.
  19. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

*sigh*

I'd like a Doncic jersey but refuse to wear Mavs. It looks like a Slovenian National Team Jersey or Allstar Jersey for me!

20. roksoer

roksoer Member

this is insane, completely effortless stepback from the logo, barely misses on a rimout.