1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it ok to propagate that women are inferior/wicked?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HayesStreet, Aug 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Yes, I know the Christian stance on Jesus. I know.

From what I understand, yes, God would require the acknowledgement of all his messengers, like Jesus, Moses, etc. That is, in fact, a large part of being a part of the "People of the Book" in the first place. Muhammed is special because he's considered the "Seal of the Prophets". The last one... and since these groups haven't acknowledged up to the present, they'd have to get to the last one to "enter salvation". I think it goes back to something Sane said - that religion has gone through stages to bring us closer to God.. first Judaism, then Christianity, and then Islam. By acknowledging Muhammed and the message of Islam, the thought process goes that you'd fulfill those things which bring us to God.

And yes, I realize that Jesus said the same sort of thing, and how it's funny that every prophet claims he's the last one.

By no means do I have answers to everything. I don't think anyone does. I'm not a learned expert; I'm trying to talk from personal experience and what I've explored. Don't take anything I've said as actual doctrine.

It is faith, after all.

We're all curious. :)

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Thanks for your answer. Again...these were just questions to patch up my own ignorance.

3. Sane

Sane Member

Muhammad couldn't read or write. Yet, he devised a religion that people have followed for thousands of years and to this day follow?

Master Baiter, you explain to me, how is that possible?

Seriously. How do you explain the things in the Qura'an? Thousands of years ago, how did he know that there are two types of waves in the sea? How did he know how a bee creates honey? How did he know the details about how an embryo is created? How do you explain these things from a slave, an uneducated, poor man who lived in a cave?

You have to accept Muhammad as God's messenger because otherwise... who do you listen to? Who gives you the explanations? Who's your example?

As for the requirements for getting to heaven, you have to follow the Qura'an as closely as you individually possibly can. Basically, you have to WANT to do it from your heart. Pretty much all Muslims go to heaven, it's really not that difficult... There are good deeds and bad deeds, and it is my understanding that the deeds decide which LEVEL of heaven you will enter. Muslims CAN go to hell depending on their situation, but EVENTUALLY, all Muslims end up in Heaven.

4. Sane

Sane Member

But then again, if you take it Rocket104's way, why do we need Islam? I mean, if it's okay to Christian when Islam exists, then why bother with Islam?

I genuinely honestly think that it's much easier being a good Christian than it is being a good Muslim.. No disrespect, I just think Islam has a lot more rules, regulations, etc... I really find it difficult to believe someone would CHOOSE Islam if they could choose Christianity and come out the same on judgement day or whatever.

That's interesting actually... I'm going to ask someone abotu that later on...

WHat do you guys think?

5. Sane

Sane Member

Oppression causes stress, which is a mental condition. It causes depression. Going through traumatic experiences causes mental conditions.

So in essence they're both responsible.

6. Sane

Sane Member

You are crossing a fine line here. I thoguht you said you believe in God, just not religion? In which case, don't you think that God knows all? He knows what will and won't happen?

The mental conditions and oppression are not caused by Allah. If we're talking Palestine, then they think it's Israel causing the oppression. Some may even say America.

Obviously Allah isn't asking anyone to kll innocent people. Even these clerics you speak of, they THINK that the other people are NOT innocent. It's just that they are wrong in that assertion.

7. Sane

Sane Member

Again, to each his own. You have an ego problem, I don't. I know I need God's help, while you think that you can figure everything out to perfection with your brain.

The difference between me and you is only that I believe the books are God's help, while you need to see further proof I guess.

8. Sane

Sane Member

The thing is Max, the minute I try to show anyone, they think I'm trying to brainwash them. "Wow wow wow, lay off man. What are you trying to CONVERT me?"

You can know by reading books that explains these imperfect translations, you can ask someone who knows, you can look it up on the internet, chat with someone whom you trust and whom you know is reliable, etc.. The best way, IMO, read the translation, and if you get to a part that raises an eyebrow, then look into it. If you have absolutely NO other way of knowing these things other than reading a trasnlation and you truly have NO way of asking these thigns and correcting them, trust me, God will forgive you.

It is EXTREMELY difficult being a Muslim in the West, I definitely believe that. But I believe there are always mosques around here and there, so if you need something explained to you, just save it up, and ask it everytime you visit. If you want to know about the Muslim faith, don't ask an atheist.

As for the explanation of infidels, there is debate, but only regarding a fraction of the people considered. I don't think me and Rocket104 will disagree that not all non-muslims are infidels, that much is clear. Also, if you seek the truth with all your HEART, and you do everything in your power to find this truth, even them me and Rocket104 (I don't think) will disagree that you are NOT an infidel.

After all, we are human, and we do make mistakes. We are imperfect beings. God is not going to fault you for being mistake-prone.

In the end, it's important to remember that God is the ultimate judge of who is an infidel and who is not. If Rocket104 decides one day that I'm an infidel and kills me in war... Then God will judge me and him seperately. If I wasn't an infidel, I go to heaven, which is everyone's goal in religion isn't it? As for the person who kills me, if he was right, then he's ok, and if he was wrong, then depending on the nature of his mistake he will be judged accordingly.