1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it bad that Harden/Howard are not recruiting Melo/Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

Howard and Harden already said that they will not try to recruit Lebron or Melo, and I remember when Harden, Hakeem, Clyde, and others went to LA to recruit Howard 'cause they believed he could take the team to the next level. Only reasons why I think they won't try to recruit them are:

-They aren't confident that either one will join them
    -Are in the mindset of "if you wanna be here, you'll be here"
    -They believe that the team just needs a few role players
    -Or are really confident that Morey's got in the bag

I'm not saying that they should recruit anyone, but it's definitely a different tone from last year. What do you guys think?

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They believe the team needs some more time to get together albeit with a couple of help here and there

Even if they miss out on some huge name I agree with that they are still in a great situation.

They need some bench depth desperately at C, and both wing positions (Preferably a 3 and D player)

3. team5

team5 Member

Maybe because they can't really help much.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

From what they've said it sounds like Harden has confidence in Morey, and Dwight is closer to the "if you wanna be here, you'll be here" mindset. I'm afraid they're saying those things because they don't think either of them will join though.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Everyone knows that's Chandler's job.

Plus, I'm not sure I remember Harden ever saying that he'd recruit Dwight.

6. clutz

clutz Member

Why isn't Jeremy Lin recruiting Melo/LeBron??

7. chandlerbang21

Neither are coming so waste of time

8. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think they meant they wouldn't be in the meeting with Carmelo or anything like that.

I thought they just meant they aren't going to be blowing up his phone telling him to come to Houston or talking about it in the media or anything.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

Because Lebron is recruiting Melo ATM.

10. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Why would you not consider the fact that maybe harden and Howard don't want another superstar to the team because they think they can take the team to the ring themselves? Or they want the team to be 'theirs'

11. Remii

Remii Member

1. Howard doesn't like LeBron and Melo enough to want to play with them.

2. Howard and Harden feel they don't need LeBron's and or Melo's help.

12. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I could be wrong but I think that NO lottery pick really puts us back into the Love race - especially if GS really won't trade Thompson. I think a package of NO pick, Rockets pick(s), T.Jones, Euro Stash(s) is right in the ballpark.

Remember Love has to "agree" to want to resign where he's traded else why give up more then that - and yes I know teams have said they would trade for him without that assurance but let's forget them for now because that never seems to happen.

So who else besides us can offer a lottery pick PLUS multiple #1's and young assets to the Wolves that Love would agree to? Nobody. So all we have to worry about is another team - like GS - willing to give up a MAJOR young player who trumps our lottery pick. Maybe that offer is out there but I haven't heard it.

13. AFS

AFS Member

I don't remember him ever saying Dwight specifically, but I do remember him saying he'd be involved in the Rockets' recruiting efforts last offseason. He had names on a list or something.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

15. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Because it is too much to expect a goner to do the job. Why would a goner want to do that?

16. team5

team5 Member

LOL you need strengthen your sarcasm radar

17. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

I think one reason they won't recruit is because everyone knows that getting one of those players means Lin/Asik will have to go and probably a few others. Asik is already gone now, but let's say they go all out recruiting and neither player chooses Houston. It will make for an awkward locker room if Lin, others ect are still around after Harden/Howard spent the summer basically looking for ways to get them out of town.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It means Chandler got wayyyy too much credit last summer. I think once Dwight made up his mind about houston, it was easy to say Chandler's recruitment was an important part of his decision..

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No because they are recruiting Durant.

20. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I don't see a clear incentive for them to admit to recruiting. There are things going on a need to know base. One giant poker game and to not draw attention and tampering.