1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it an Epic Fail if they lose #1 Seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bobblehead, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Aw Houston.....good ole Houston.

Been here my whole life...been a huge Oilers, Astros, Rockets and Texans fan..my whole life.

You lifelong diehards know what I'm getting at....

Bills (Reich), Broncos (Elway), Chiefs (Montana), Sonics (playoffs), Braves (9th bases loaded, no outs), Mets (NLCS), Steelers (Renfro), Suns (almost against Barkley).....the list goes on and on......

Texans need one out of two wins to get that all elusive #1 seed.....

So....if they don't.....does this go down as a typical Houston fail? Something we've lived with our whole lives?

I'm excited...trust me.....but I also have that sinking doubtful feeling in the pit of my stomach......

Not trying to be negative....but you know how painful it is to be a Houston sports fan...

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

You and Solid should hangout. Resident Debbie Downers.

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

I'm excited...but can't hep the way I feel. Sorry if being a Debbie Downer.....

4. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

and tehGlide, he's the worst.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Debbie Downers Club: Bobblehead, solid, tehGlide, ubigred...

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All that matters is how well they're playing in the playoffs. We know that if this team is clicking, they can win on the road (let alone at home). We also know that if they come out flat, they can get their asses kicked... both at road and at home.

If they get more consistent with the running game, as they showed against Detroit and Indy yesterday (and not so much against New England), and the right side of the line gets shored up... their offense starts clicking. If the front 4 can bring the pressure as they did in the game yesterday and against Tennessee (and not so much against New England, Detroit), it masks a lot of the deficiencies they have in the LB and CB realm.

Getting the #1 seed is nice... but they're very beatable at home if they're not clicking 100%.

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Why do these threads end up in the GARM?

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

My thinking: no. There's only one #1 seed in the whole conference. The odds of achieving that are pretty long, even for very good teams. If they had not made the playoffs at all, THAT would have been an epic fail.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The Texans should win against Minny, but yes..I am worried about AP running wild...some of the runs he had yesterday was ridiculous...check out the NFL highlights...that guy is having an MVP season coming off of a significant knee injury...that is amazing...

Regardless, Texans should take care of business...Beat Minny and that is and should be the only goal of this team...The Texans should know that they can be embarrassed if they dont come to play...Personally i hope that the starters play both against Minny and Indy bc having a a bye right after that can be really bad if the team decides to shut down the starters for the INDY game...that is a lot of rust...I really just want our offense to click, primarily bc i believe that our defense can hold its own..

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Did you really reference "Suns (almost against Barkley)"?

You mean the team that the Rockets came back from 0-2 and 1-3 deficits to beat in consecutive years? How is that on an epic fail list? Lost any credibility there.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

They don't it is an auto redirect that shows what is hot in other forums in teh GARM.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If you grew up in Houston, there's no way you haven't at least considered this possibility :)

It's not going to happen, though....

Go Texans!

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

The only fail, not epic, is if they don't make it to the AFC Championship game.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Losing the #1 seed isn't an epic fail. That has just as much to do with things out of the Texans control as it does things within their control.

If they blow a huge lead in the Divisional game, then, yes, we're still screwed as Houston sports fans. The cynic in me would still be happy with an AFC Championship game appearance. I can't even begin to process the Texans in the Super Bowl. If it happens, that's 2 weeks I likely won't sleep...and I'm hoping that it's a problem I have to deal with soon.

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I can't see them losing both games.

17. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

Epic fail would be the Oilers losing that big lead - you know the game. Texans are a good team, but not a great team. They're gonna need all the help they can get in the playoffs if they want to get to the big dance, aka the Super Bowl. 12-2 record, need one win to clinch home field. They got two games left against average to good teams.

If they lose home field advantage it would be hugh, but epic? No.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can see us going 1-1 and still winning it. In fact, that's my prediction.

Either we win next week and rest the against the colts, or we lose next week and beat the colts to clinch.

In a way....I'd actually prefer the 2nd scenario. We have never won at Indy. EVER. How sweet would it be to finally do it while wrapping up the #1 seed in the process?

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

50+ years of major professional sports in houston and only 2 championships. anyone who doesn't have a little unease in the back of their mind hasn't lived here long enough.

1 person likes this.
  20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I could care less about having the number 1 seed...bottom line is to win the superbowl your playing on foreign turf...we cant worry about seeding as much as showing up to play in the playoffs...if we can replicate how hard we played against Baltimore last year...we have a real solid chance...this team has the tools to get it done...but they have teams that are playing better right now...if the Texans can elevate their level of gaming...they can get it done...