1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Giannis Antetokounmpo the future best player in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Nov 26, 2016.

1. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

his defense in those two series after he missed the two free throws with about 40 seconds to go was a sight to behold.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

the all-star game needs a "who can go furthest on one dribble" contest. i mean it probably wouldn't be much of a contest, but still.

3. Mr. Space City

physically it's like he's almost not even real.

straight up create-a-player ****.

taller than durant with just as long a wingspan but ripped like lebron yet still quick and agile like a guard

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Morey and his analytics, faints.

His defense may have regressed, but I think it's because he's asked to do so much.

His help defense is unreal, just because of his natural abilities. Once he improves on his timing for on-ball defense (knowing when to go up for blocks and disruptions), I could see Giannis be the MVP and the DPoY in the same year.

This dude lead his team last year in PTS/REBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs, iirc. Pretty crazy thing to do, at such a young age.

saleem likes this.
  5. Outlier

Outlier Member

How is this dude only 22? That is mindblowing. I feel like he's been in the league for so many years.

s3ts likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Now that was a magnificent way to end the game, what a player! That steal, that dunk and then followed up by that block :O

7. Rockets4Life13

On some other boards they are ranking him top 2/3 already, ahead of harden who most have at 7 or not even included in their top10.
    Its funny how people forgot that harden carried a team full of scrubs to 55+ years in 2014/15 and Giannis cant win **** with his. Im sorry, i just dont care for his performance if he can't lead his team to wins and winning playoffs series. However, i do like him and i think he CAN become the best player in the NBA in the next couple of years. But for now, he's just another stat guy until he starts winning to me.

BigShasta and ryano2009 like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

giannis will be like barkley or malone when it's all said and done.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Once Parker returns, this Bucks roster is good enough to secure homecourt if Giannis has his best season yet. This Bucks squad reminds me of the pre-Kerr Warriors. Hope the front office is patient.

IMO Giannis will surpass Lebron later this season. Lebron has been quietly slipping.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ouch..... Giannis will be a better recruiter.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

but milwaukee breh... getting players to houston is hard enough. can't imagine milwaukee.

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

While Giannis is only 22 (going on 23 soon), he still has yet to get to the 2nd Round. He does not have "meaningful" playoff experience, just 1st round exits.

Harden, for example, was in the finals in his 3rd year. Lebron, 4th year. Playoff runs are meaningful playoff experience, not 1st round exits.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't believe he dropped to Milwaukee during the draft. GM's are just stupid. They take risks on guys like Bennett and Darko, but pass up on a 6'9" and still growing with a 7" foot wingspan that played PG. I just have to shake my head.

14. malakas

malakas Member

and? Why isn't it meaningful?
    It's not like he came off the bench and had few FGAs, the whole offence and defence was built around him and had to face an opponent gameplanning solely for him with not double teams but triple teams. He also had some of his weaknesses exposed. And it wasn't some blowouts, the series were highly contested from end to finish.
    I would say that was plenty meaningful.

15. malakas

malakas Member

actually he already has amazing timing in blocks.
    I don't know why it isn't talked about or overlooked, but the actual breakthrough he had last season that he deserved the MIP for, was NOT in offence or playmaking but in defence. The other stuff was there since his 3rd year but the defence improvement noone could have imagined it.

BUT this season so far, it isn't like last that he went for loose balls, was always there for secondary rim protection and for blocks. Now he's saving himself and that's why as you said it has regressed.
    On the other hand his offence has improved. I guess you can't be that greedy.
    But in comparison to last year the D certainly is worse.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't see why not. Most NBA stars are dominant in some aspects, but not many are transcendent talents that do literally everything like Giannis. Scoring? Check. Passing? Check. Defense? Check. Rebounding? Check. Insane athleticism/body? Check.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Eh, 2 1st round exits, with only 1 actually as the focal point of the offense/defense. Objectively speaking, it's hardly any playoff experience. It's even more egregious than saying TMac had meaningful playoff experience with the Rockets, something near nobody would believe on this board, including me.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden was a six man. Lebron is one of the 5 greatest players ever. Those aren't fair comparisons.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL at people saying he can't lead his team to win. His team is 3-1 and their second and third best players are Middleton and Brogdon.

20. Mr. Space City

he plays in the east tho and the east is trash.

/sarcasm.