1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Everyone Happy With The Texans #1 Pick Yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by imoffg33, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's fine... ESPN confused Reggie Bush with Gail Sayers... it happens.

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

And the Titans owner confused Vince Young as an NFL quarterback and got ripped off lol, it happens.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Vince Young doesn't play for the Texans, you idiot. Mario Williams does.

But since you're talking about him he ran for more yards and TD's today than Bush will.

EDIT: Field Goal, SAINTS! Saints kicker John Carney able to sneak the ball through the uprights due to Reggie Bush decoy on sidelines.

#83 SamFisher, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

vince young- loss
    reggie bush- losing
    MARIO WILLIAMS- WINNER!

Defense wins ballgames. Fred Taylor was held to 63 yards, his 2nd lowest output of the season. Last year we had the worst rushing defense in the league. What is the difference?

#84 Mr. Clutch, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  5. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

jgreen91, you should be talking about Marques "the freak" Colston. 5 catches for 88 yds before halftime. Wow! He's got game!

6. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

OH BABY. Did anyone just see that acrobatic front flip into the end zone by REGGIE BUSH??? Sweet.

7. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Saints 6-2. Saints Winning. Reggie Bush, front flip into the end zone. Keep talking buddy.

8. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Warning, Bush just scored a TD ... here comes a jgreen91 chirp. :rolleyes:

9. Mr. Clutch

I was actually for drafting Reggie Bush initially. But the way our defense has improved and the 4.5 sacks he's gotten, I am happy with Mario Williams.

10. Mr. Clutch

It was awesome, this is what we've been waiting for.

11. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

And what a SWEET TD it was. This is actually turning into a good game. The saints are good.

12. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Ya I know u were, I remember.. I just love how all these haters have jinxed themselves with all the talk about bush having a bad ankle and having a bad rushing day last week.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

A double reverse is the most effective run he's had all season, but its cool.

14. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Now normally I don't feed the troll, but... Where you at jgreen91???

Your boy Reggie Bust, the second coming of Gale Sayers/Barry Sanders gave the game away on a fumble. I guess he works better as a decoy, because when he has the ball he can't do ****.

So go crawl under your rock and we'll see you next Sunday when the Aints play again or Reggie sniffs the ball and you turn it into a highlight.

15. msn

msn Member

I think I posted it first, but I'm willing to split coinage rights with you. :D

16. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Its all yours, I just used it because its pretty damn catchy.

17. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

do you people really see that much in vince? from what i've seen, he doesnt look like he will develop into anything but an average qb. everyone needs to realize that carr is here for 4 more years. to be perfectly honest, he's not going anywhere. hes performing alright, but not near poorly enough that vy would be our starter. if we drafted vince he wouldnt see the light of day here. if you wanted to draft a real leader out of this draft, you should have looked at leinart.

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

leinart already plays with more talent than Vince.

jgreen, why do you hate Vince Young?

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

and VY has lead his team to more Ws.

The MO on Leinart is that he was the most NFL ready of drafted QBs. Chalkboard brilliant and coming from a pro-style offense. The quesiton with him is will he be any better in year 2 than he is now, where most superstar QBs make tremendous gains into year 2 and another big leap into year 3.

VY wasn't supposed to play this year, let alone after a couple of weeks. The Titans have to like what they see balancing the good and bad plays he has made for them. ML would have been a dead duck for them like Kerry Collins was/is.

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Anybody with any football sense at all would take Leinart over VY in a heartbeat at this point. Leinart has more to work with? His offensive line is the worst in the game, they have NO running game (check out James' stats) and Fitzgerald has been hurt and not even playing the whole time Leinart has been starting. Fitz played last week but left the game early. So yeah, Leinart has Boldin, no running game and the worst offensive line in football. Not to mention playing for the worst organization in football right now. What in the world do you mean he has more to work with than VY?

Watching Leinart in that Bears game on Monday night showed us all what we needed to see. Leinart is a pro style quarterback, he makes good throws, good reads, goes through his progressions and doesn't take off running (because he can't). Vince can run, big deal. But in the NFL you need to be able to throw to be successful. Leinart is going to be like Carson Palmer or maybe better in a year or two, everyone can see that.