1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is convincing stars to take pay cuts becoming a necessary part of building a championship team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thought id put this here because these fools are doing the same debate.

I think its a fair debate and a fair conversation to have. I see multiple sides for it.

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm a proponent of a hard salary cap. No max contracts. LeBron gets $99 millions or whatever market is willing to pay. Restructure the deal however you want: front-load in cap available years or staggered.

Rookie scale is two years guaranteed. 3rd year is team option. 4th year is a franchise tag via arbitration salaries. No restricted free agents afterwards.

Best of both worlds. Teams are accountable for bad signings so as not cripple a franchise for 5 years. Players get their true worth and not at the mercy of the team if a genuine superstar who is restricted after rookie contract.

This ensures smart GMs win and not the deepest pockets willing to overpay.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well duh... Is there another? and why would I reference it in regards to you anyways? Lol

4. BigMaloe

Inb4 you claim I'm condescending :p

5. Daddy Long Legs

haha you ass. why do you gotta put me down bruh. can't talk to someone like a normal human being. you gotta throw shade left and right?

but then again maybe that shade woulda been useful at the greenbelt. haha I'm down. If you go to the greenbelt again sometime hmu I'd come through. I'd even bring the druhsky! jk I'm on a break right now.

The dogs at that place are the bomb

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not many know that his son Andre is a well-known plastic surgeon:

[​IMG]

7. BigMaloe

I goto Austin frequently. My girls mom stays up there. Let's link up one day

8. Daddy Long Legs

I'm down. I am a totally safe not serial killer type of internet person lmao.

but real talk for sure though bro. I'm just normal dude x in his 20s down to chill and have a good time. I got weekends off and get off work at 5 pm so I'm pretty open around the normal cool kid times to do stuff. I haven't been to the greenbelt in forever. You definitely roll up to austin a lot if you go there because everyone up here jokes about how only locals go to the green belt and the visitors go to zilker park or something

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

#Confirmed serial killer.

Great, I like risking my life so I'm down. Lol

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uh why do you take every post here to mean about you? I've noticed you reacting to every post here even if it wasn't directed at you why are you so defensive about everything?

If you read my post it is more of a general statement on the netizens nowadays, I even specifically pointed out the CF reaction during Harden's game 6 performance as an example.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually now that I think about it he has no leverage. If you think about his branding, if he leaves where will he go? If he goes to another team that is strong people will say he can't win on his own and if he fails to get a ring people will say serves him right he can't win on his own. Now GSW fanboys and bandwagoners act as his shield, but if he leaves these same people will turn on him.

12. Daddy Long Legs

touche. you probably have a point honestly. Perhaps its a tad bit ego centric without me realizing lol

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He has leverage in terms of getting paid whatever he wants under the CBA. He just does not have the leverage to force GSW to construct the roster to his exact liking-- unless he helps pay for some of it, that is.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Lol @Pen15clubber would be dissapointed

BigMaloe and roslolian like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

It took me 2 years to realize what his name ment I always saw it as penclubber15

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dickslyxia is a horrible thing

#77 Os Trigonum, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    roslolian likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is the nature of capitalism to pervert whatever system that is presented to it

A guy argued to me that in a "true Capitalism" it was not a case
    He said. . . IF JESUS ran the system where it is ethical and correct it would work
    I said . . . If Jesus ran any system where it is ethical and correct it would work
    He of course concede that point

My point is . . . . there are not enough rules in the world that can resolve the issue
    We went from complaining that they were all money grubbing
    to
    They are all ring whores .. . . . .

We are a results based society
    the HOW is not that important

Rocket River

19. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Quite frankly, some of you are being biased homers, and hating on KD/GSW.

If a Rockets star did it and helped us get great secondary players, don't tell me you would still complain.

I have no problem with players taking less money, that should be something to be PRAISED. If I was a free agent player, I'm going to play where I want, I don't give a fk what anyone else thinks.

20. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Nah just do away with the stupid salary cap. Baseball has no cap and no player has to take a pay cut ever or is never criticized. NFL needs to do away with the cap as well, the commissioner of football making 40plus mill a year guaranteed and the players have non guaranteed contracts popularizing this sport. Remedial system.