1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is ANYONE excited about the upcoming Season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Oct 22, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Regrettably, I have to say no. The Russ thing has enormous disaster potential and frankly I'm sick of watching Harden go one on one most of the game. It's a boring style of basketball.

Plus, I think it's obvious that Tillman is setting Morey up to be the fall guy if the season goes south.

astros123 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. rockets13champs

Tilman should hear this stuff. His imprint isn’t a good one so far

HP3 likes this.
  3. rockets13champs

In terms of excitement going into a season for me was:

1. cp3
    2. Westbrook
    3. Dwight

HP3 likes this.
  4. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

You people literally complain about every single move they do. I have never seen a group of people just suck the joy out of fandom.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cool. Sounds great. Sorry I can't just blindly say "oh geez this seasons gonna be great and we're gonna go 82-0 then cruise to a ring". Maybe another fan site can fill the void for you.

daywalker02 and CK Johnson like this.
  6. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Harden looks READY. Rest of the team not so much.

7. SORF

SORF Member

I'm cautiously optimistic. The way the West changed during the summer, I knew we had no chance if we stayed the same with CP3. Now with Westbrook we have maybe a better chance. I hope the Beard and Brodie are a match made in Rocket heaven.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don’t think this is the case. I think everybody is excited that the Rockets are back. I know I am.

However...I think this is the first season that people simply don’t care about the regular season success and Harden’s MVP campaigns. Sure, those will still be fun to track, but they’re not a priority. People are tired of that being the most memorable parts of our season, then coming up short in the playoffs. People are beaten down at this point. Flaming out to the injured Warriors last year was kind of the final straw.

Playoffs are all that matters going forward in this Harden era, and it’s hard to see Westbrook being an upgrade in that regard given his recent postseason performances. Time will tell.

roslolian, HP3, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

EGO looked great in preseason.

CK Johnson and ico4498 like this.
  10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I am excited about UH basketball, but I am not sure about the Rockets. We won't know if the Rockets made the right move getting Westbrook until the playoffs. The Rockets have been a good regular season team for 5 of the last 6 years its the playoffs that are their kryptonite.

11. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Honestly, I'm really excited.

We are at a MUCH better place than the start of last year.... c'mon, Melo, Ennis and MCW (ugh!) were getting minutes and it was hell. CP3 wasn't himself all season, and had 1 good playoff game.

Capela/T. Chandler
    Tucker/Anderson
    House/Sefolosha
    Harden/Gordon
    Westbrook/Rivers

Guard heavy as always, sadly a lack of size and rebounding in the PF area, but I like our squad to start. WB has his negatives, and he isn't as smart or efficient as CP3 (but neither was last year's CP3), but he also has his positives considering his energy and athleticism....and something this team sorely needs is someone who can push the ball and stop wasting clock.

Honestly, I just want to beat the Warriors so we can have our John Stockton moment. I'm so tired of losing to that gdm team, and it's enough to have less All-Stars, but inconsistent officiating has made it all the more maddening. I want a title bad, and I think 6 teams have a chance.

Houston is one of those teams.

12. JazzLakerHater

I’d probably go a 5/10 in terms of excitement. Zach Lowe mentioned the other day on his podcast how he was worried about the simmering tensions in this franchise. That’s what I’m worried about too. Even before the China incident I thought Morey and D’antoni would be gone if the Rockets don’t at least reach the finals. This China thing has added a whole new level of tension.

And also I know it’s just preseason and Westbrook is not 100%, but the team looked exactly the same as last year. Harden or bust.

I just feel like we might be closely approaching the end of this era of Rockets basketball. Man **** Tillman.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Meh...

What concerns me most going into this season is our Basketball IQ as a team.

We were a smart team most of the time because of CP. Yes, he was declining and losing his efficiency but he was still the smartest player we have ever had and it showed.

We replaced him with probably one of the lowest IQ starts in the game today and it is going to show in close games especially because Harden himself can be pretty stupid at times with the ball.

I am going into the season with no expectation of a championship.

Maybe, some good entertaining games. But that's about it.

We are still going to be better than most of the league so yeah..whatever.

YOLO, Pizza_Da_Hut and J Sizzle like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plus it's just not the same without Joe Chee on the team

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think I would not be surprised if Tilman were to make such a move.

CometsWin likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Honestly, no.

1. Astros are dominating Houston Sports right now
    2. The obvious fixed, one-sided reffing has taken the joy out of the NBA for me (again)
    3. I can't stand the side drama of NBA Players
    4. The whole China thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    5. No joke, that mural with the Fertittas soured me on the Rockets ownership a bit.

But I still love the Rockets.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Harden can win in the regular season and the first round by himself which is proven by last year's record when he decided to put it into his own hands. The only real question is if Westbrook can help him in the playoffs against teams that have more than one superstar player. Westbrook was brought in to beat the Clippers, Lakers, and Bucks.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The year we got MDA I went in with those same sentiments.

Look, the flash and zoom of WB will be fun, but, fun doesn't always mean winning basketball. I see how giddy Harden is to have his bestie right next to him. I get it. But, your best friend isn't always who you want working with you. My best friend is a procrastinator and a flake. If I'm working on a project, I want the nerdy quiet kid who works hard next to me, even though he might not be the one I want to hang out with after.

Harden chose fun this year. I don't blame him, he's worked hard year after year and just barely missed personal accolades and team ones. At least if the Rockets get knocked out in the second round this year, Harden will be having fun.

19. TilmanFinancialWindfall

You people??????? You people????

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

You are correct.