1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anybody else tiring of Lebron's Antics?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ommy48, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ommy48

ommy48 Member

I really have nothing against Lebron James (or Kobe Bryant for that matter), but I am seriously tired of his dumbass in-game antics where he proceeds to dance like a buffoon after seemingly every play, even when he is on the court. Tonight against the Bulls he took his act to a whole new level and then he had the temerity to act all outraged that Joakim Noah didn't find his act funny. This moron can't shake hands after getting his ass beat in the playoffs but he can mock the other team every time his team is winning.

Somehow I don't think that he would have found it funny if Noah and Rose started two-stepping after they beat the Cavs in Cleveland a month ago. Then after the game, Lebron says to Ric Bucher that he was upset that Noah was "disrespectful" towards him (by being upset that Lebron was dancing on the court after every play). Is Lebron really so delusional that black is white and vice versa in his alternate reality? So Lebron showing up the other team is merely normal and everyone should have the good sense to take it with no protest whatsoever?

Kobe did it last year to Shane Battier in the playoffs with his inane "You can't guard me" rants into the cameras after every shot he made, but Lebron surely has overcome him in the douchebag category with his tired act of the past few years.

1 person likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I've never seen him dance like a buffoon after seemingly every play. I've seen him making celebratory poses after an athletic dunk or And-1. But the only reason he seems to do that so more than other players is because he pulls off athletic dunks/and-1s more than anyone else.

3. ommy48

ommy48 Member

did you watch tonight's game? if not then I suggest you catch the re-run on ESPN, because his act tonight was simply embarrassing.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You know if that was anyone else (besides the NBA deity that is Kobe, LeBron, and Wade) that did what he did from the bench, they probably would have gotten T'd up.

5. Asian Sensation

Want him to quit dancing? Make him stop by trying to guard him Joakim aka little girl. It's not like Lebron was show boating on purpose or trying to have fun at the expense of the Bulls either. Joakim was overreacting over nothing. Kinda like this thread .. much a-do about nothing.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I didn't catch the situation with Noah but I don't understand the extracurriculars he does while sitting on the bench. You're supposed to be the veteran (and also NBA poster boy) on the team and you still act like that?

I'm all for fun and what not but to get up and dance DURING a game is a bit much.

7. sbyang

sbyang Member

Sure sounds like you have something against him.

If Noah has a problem with it he can get Lebron next time, they play 4 times a year and there's plenty of opportunity to take a hard foul. Although I think Noah should understand the dancing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ3y5hTHuP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bQ3y5hTHuP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  8. ommy48

ommy48 Member

what an idiotic justification, not to mention a blatant mischaracterization of what happened, sorta like Lebron's delusional response to bucher's question, especially since Lebron was dancing after missing an And 1 layup when his team was up by 17 late in the 4th quarter playing against the Bulls bench players...but I guess Noah should have guarded him from the bench, and Lebron gyrating after missing a layup in a blowout is completely normal behavior :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and demonstrated nothing remotely reminiscent of classless showboating which he has never done before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...all of this is just a figment of most people's imagination :rolleyes:

9. ommy48

ommy48 Member

what a stupid analogy considering that Noah was dancing well after the game was OVER in the Final Four, not in DURING A GAME IN FRONT OF ANOTHER TEAM THAT YOU ARE BLOWING OUT. Yeah I must be a hater for not licking Lebron's balls when he acts like an ass :rolleyes:

10. ommy48

ommy48 Member

11. albuster

albuster Member

LeBron James, all hype no glory.

12. arjun

arjun Member

i was suprised that at the very end if you look at Derrik Rose and Luol Deng they really dont care about whats going on..they didn't have Noah's back...I mean Mo williams is walkin up to Noah like hes going to do something and them two are just sitting there without a care in the world...

**** that

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow y'all are a bunch of haters. seriously? maybe the dude and his teammates love to have fun and have great chemistry. as long as it doesn't affect the team's performance, who cares?

i love what the cavs do before games, and it shows the team is very close.

14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I agree, dancing around like that with his teammates should be for messing around during shoot arounds, during pre game intros or in the locker room after big wins. It is not appropriate during timeouts, after a big play, or celebrating on the sidelines or court during a blow out. There are plenty of other ways to congratulate a teammate besides dancing on the court with him. But, the real reason was that he was simply trying to call attention to himself at a nationally televised game. Anyone who thinks differently must not have watched the game.

And if any one of the Rockets did that during a game or timeout, I wouldn't like it just the same. The league needs to step in about this, the NFL doesn't allow unsportsmanlike behavior without fine and/or penalty and neither should the NBA. Especially an NBA that is as concerned with it's image as it is IMO...

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If he's doing at home with his teammates, rather than on the road to taunt the crowd, or towards the opponent to taunt them, I don't have a problem with it. Though I can understand Noah getting annoyed by it, seeing as how his team was getting spanked.

16. Yak

Yak Member

After watching the video posted in this thread of tonight's game, I confirmed my suspicions that LeBron childish.

The first part of the video was fine, and I thought Noah was unjustified in his bickering, but after watching the rest of the video and seeing Lebron CLEARLY dancing on the sideline DURING A PLAY. His ass should be sitting on the bench or clapping, not prancing around on the sideline.

17. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I was thinking the same exact thing. He was being a little too much tonight, especially with the game being a blowout. I'm glad someone on the Bulls team had the testicles to say something to him, I personally think somebody should've given Lebron a nice hard foul. Also, if you're gonna dance atleast be good at it. Idk what that garbage Lebron was doing is.

18. worzel gummidge

the in game dancing can be seen as a poor display of sportsmanship.

from that youtube clip lebron's acting the drama queen. noah wasn't even in the game. knock down the shots and play the game. who cares what someone off the court is saying. to be that easily distracted is just being mentally weak.

19. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Lol. It was a 2 shot foul I think. If that IS the case, then yeah, that's pretty douchey... to sit there and dance after simply being fouled.

I could be wrong.

20. showtang043

showtang043 Member

who else is to blame but us and the media who have babied lebron to the point he finds it ridiculous that he got called a travel on a play thats been a travel since the beginning of the NBA(the crab dribble), how did the nba respond?

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1255854721179660.xml&coll=2

They legalized it for him..

this kid as good as he is has had the hype and red carpet rolled out for him in ways that he didn't earn, he was the king before he played an nba game, he literally was referred ot that before a second in the nba, hes force-fed it...even kobe and mj didn't have it this good, they had hype, but they struggled at first developed there game, and they earned their way: here mj talk about the way the stars are developed today : (basically talks about how lebron without be named is trying to copy all of his marketing tools)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3243645

it happens and you see it, my whole thing with kobe, hes a jerk, but hes a bball junkie, plays in the summer when he doesn't get paid too, probably will be screaming at the tv when hes 50 and breaking down plays, even melo all tehse guys, they seem like student of the skills rather than simple athleticism and foul calls, this new age of players like lebron come with different motivations :

http://www.personalbrandingblog.com...th-the-billion-dollar-personal-branding-plan/

"LeBron was reportedly quoted saying that he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete in the entire world and become a global icon."

skills? I agree he is the most athletic player in the league, i give him credit for that, but skills, hes far from it, and to be the face of the nba, the guy to represent and be considered the best, aren't skills and the art of basketball most important? brandon jennings even recently twittered that kobe and melo were easily more skilled than lebron(yesterday or the day before), the legends, coaches, gms, and players voted on the best player in NBA, and it wasn't lebron, kobe doubled his first place votes...its funny when its media and fans, lebron doubles anyone else in the first place vote, but when its peopel who goto battle against both guys everyday, lebron isn't considered the best...also in si poll, kobe got the highest vote for players are most scared to guard, and lebron had very small minority vote, here rick barry talk about holes in his game more than any other star who is a 6 year vet :

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/01/so_far_so_good_for_starter_sas.html

When ESPN gives hourly updates on him having the flu, and nba tv runs a 24 hours for lebron's 24th bday(what they haven't done for anyone including MJ), you know this kid just has every marketing scheme holding his sack for him, hes spoiled to a ridiculous point

people want to say hes not cocky and hes a team player, are we not listening to his damn press conferences? He constantly refers to himself in 3rd person, and then throws his teammates under the bus by talking about how a lebron james' team will always compete, and he says put him on the floor with any 4 players and they'll do well no matter who, basically discrediting all accomplishments of his teammates

hes been full of it, first time people seem to have noticed was the handshake deal...i see kobe getting scrutinized for it, some of it deserved, but lebron gets a by pass and excuses from the media for anything

and sorry about the organization of this, i realized its just scattered and messed up, but its a message board, you'll live

1 person likes this.