1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interesting trade idea

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocksMillenium, May 20, 2002.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

First of all Golden State fans don't jump on me, I didn't suggest this or heard any rumors to it, was just happened to be watching "Pardon the Interruption" and one of the guys was saying that Houston needed frontcourt help, because the other guy was suggesting a backcourt of Jay Will and Francis. One of them suggested that Houston could trade their pick down for a good pick and a quality player and brought up the fact that Golden State might want Yao Ming. San Francisco has a good Chinese community flavor, something Ming and his family were interested in, and brought up the idea of the #1 pick to GS for their #3 pick and Antwan Jamison. I also heard the idea of the #1 pick for #3 and Fortson, that was somebody else's trade idea. The guys on the show didn't say it was a rumor or anything, they just suggested it, saying GS had some interest in Ming.

2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I know that we already have Eddie Griffin, but I think I would be willing to trade the #1 pick for Indiana's #14 and Jermaine O'Neal. If we do get rid of the #1 pick, I definitely want a proven commodity in return.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If there were anyway possible to do a deal for Jamison and their pick for the #1 pick I would do it and slide Griffin to SF, or move Jamison to SF. That would be great, to be able to get a proven commodity of some sort and still have a high draft pick. I wonder if there are any other teams with high draft picks willing to deal a quality player and their pick for the #1 and a chance at Ming or Jay Williams.

4. AgentPenguin

AgentPenguin Member

Indiana would never do that trade, oneal is one of the best rising stars in the leauge, they wouldnt get rid of him AND their first rounder for the #1 pick.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Indianna would NEVER do that trade. I seriously doubt they would do it just for Oneal. He is already proven and they are content with him. They would not want an unproven player. Especially one as questionable as Ming. I would love to do that trade just for Oneal, but i doubt they would do it.:)