1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interactive Collaborative Platform for Work?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can anyone recommend a cheap/free platform that allows employees in several different locations to create discussions, post photos, possibly create polls, etc...

I'm not sure if it's a forum I want... a social tool... or a SharePoint type infrastructure (but cheaper).

The key is - it has to be easy to use. These employees cant create Google accounts and start using Google Drive. They're probably not smart enough to create a private group on Facebook.

I need a collaborative environment that is private, slick and easy enough for a baby to use... for under $99/month.

Online forums like this one are a bit archaic unless you spend time beefing them up. I prefer something that works right out of the box.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

If they can't create Google Accounts then I say you need to fire them all and hire boxes of rocks.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Creating the account, logging in, learning to navigate, remembering their passwords - these are all barriers that will lead to failure. People are dumb, what can I say?

4. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

This.

If your employees can't crawl over that bar, it's time to reevaluate... everything.

5. Yonkers

I'm sorry but if they can't remember passwords to login then how are they going to create discussions, post photos, possibly create polls, etc?

6. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Unfortunately I work with the same type of people. They get freaked out over using VPN.
    I call them the La Resistance.

8. Yonkers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LonKGuS9uuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.