1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injured Astros updates

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by body slam, Jun 19, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think Carlos Correa might be an epic dumbshit.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am thinking (hoping) that Correa was just being enthusiastic about returning and wants to be seen on the All Star game stage. But that said, its more important to play the games that count, and I don't even want to think of reinjuring himself playing in the ASG...

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

He is an idiot.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Been wondering about this myself for a while now!

Nick and HTown2017Champs like this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

WTF. People are upset that a baseball player wants to play baseball. I'd much rather the coaches and doctors have to say no, than have a baseball player that doesn't want to play baseball.

Bubba McDowell, bless his heart, couldn't lift one of his arms and went out on the field to play for the Oilers (spit). I respect that. It is up to the coaches to say, "Dude, lifting your arm is an important part of being a safety in the NFL. Maybe sit out a few plays and see if you can lift your arm then."

Major and theimpossibles1 like this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

It may just be his choice of words that were poor. Wanting to play in the game is fine. Had he said “I am really hoping the team/mgr/medical staff tell me it’s ok to play in the all star game if I’m selected”, that would have been fine. But what he actually said makes it seem like he’s prioritizing playing in the all star game over getting fully healthy and playing actual games. And it’s clear he didn’t talk to Hinch about that first.

astros123 and HTown2017Champs like this.
  8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Carlos Correa could say he likes puppies and half the board would get annoyed. It is what it is.

BigM, Sppy1, Major and 3 others like this.
  9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't want him him to say that. I want him to want to play baseball. I want him to want to get on the field. That is all he said. If MLB doesn't want players to want to play in the All-Star game, cancel it. If people take it as he's risking his health or being flippant, that is on people that read it, not Correa, IMO.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. Buck Turgidson

Top pitching prospect Forrest Whitley, who was sent to rehab at the team’s facility in West Palm Beach, Fla., a month ago after being diagnosed with shoulder fatigue, has a plan that should get him on the mound in the next couple of weeks, Luhnow said.

Whitley could rejoin a Minor League affiliate during the third week of July, and he could pitch in some Gulf Coast League games prior to that. Luhnow didn’t say at which affiliate that the club would sent Whitley, who had a 12.21 ERA and a 2.05 WHIP in his first 24 1/3 innings at Triple-A.

“We’re feeling good about getting him back in action sometime in July,” Luhnow said.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Exactly.

If he gets voted in, or selected, he's going to be attending the game/weekend anyways. Most injured players still attend or partake in festivities.

So, if its around the time he's due to come back... knowing that there are no games for almost the entire week...would you rather have him sit and watch? Or use it as a tune-up?

13. Buck Turgidson

Unless he's rehabbing with Corpus.

The Beard likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why not face real mlb pitching, in a mlb stadium, in a game that doesn’t count?

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

It does count. I really hope the American League wins. It's the only all-star game that I know of that means anything.

16. HTown2017Champs

ASG no longer determines HFA for the WS. Whoever has the better record gets it. Glad they changed that, ASG should be just an exhibition. Players can be traded, plus, I sure as hell wouldn't want to help the f***ing Yankees win yet another tite (they have waaaaaay too many).

Newlin likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What does it mean?

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

I thought the winner had home field advantage in the World Series. I guess they changed it. Too bad, I liked that the all-star game meant something. So now, I have no reason to watch.

19. Buck Turgidson

They may want him to play more than a couple of innings and get maybe an AB? Who knows. Hinch did not seem enthused about the idea.

20. AstrosRockets1818

The cluelessness lol