1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Incident at the Post Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Jun 9, 2023.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    So I go to the post office today to mail a friend's birthday card. The woman behind the counter, who happened to be African American, places a black history month stamp on the card. Now, as all of you know, I am a big supporter of black history through both words and deeds. With that said, I did not ask for this stamp and really don't want to use a birthday card to make any type of "statement" with regard to any race's history. I wanted just a regular stamp that doesn't draw any attention. It's a birthday card. So I politely asked the woman to change out the stamp for an American flag stamp. The other stamp had already been adhered to the envelope, so it required a little extra effort to remove it... which she did. I did pick up what appeared to be a cross look from her... which I interpreted as disrespect. Nonetheless, I exited without incident and did not ask her to apologize or report her for misconduct.

Did I overstep here by asking for a new stamp? Or is putting a black history stamp on a birthday card envelope a bad idea in the first place? By the way, black history month was in February.

GOOD DAY

tinman likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This thread will surely remain polite and friendly.

tinman likes this.
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You do you, King.

tinman likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think most normal people probably wouldn't have given it a second thought.

You have a right to do what you do and make deals out of small things and other people have the right to have negative offensive putting perceptions of you.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

USPS is for plebs.

Not for industrialists.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You went to the post office to mail a card?

Who dug up a thread from the 90s?

mdrowe00, JeeberD and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Greatest African Americans in History

Bobby Brown - “It’s my prerogative”
    @Jontro
    @J.R.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is that bigotexx and Traitor Jorge have been pulled out of mothballs to distract from dip$hit's indictment.

TRANSPARENT

mdrowe00 and Mr.Scarface like this.