1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the words of one Aaron Rodgers...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 8, 2015.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

R (Rest - Long rests have been bad for the Rockets...shots are flat, and players play without rhythm, expect a much better game Friday)
    E (Effort - The Rockets really havent given up during the course of a game much this season. Tonight was an exception; even the bench brigade struggled.)
    L (Litmus - The Rockets must adjust their level of play to elite level competition NOW... having the playoff ready Spurs should amp up their focus and determination)
    A (Away - The Spurs are still very tough at home...and arent as consistent on the road this season)
    X (X's and O's on defense - The Rockets just didn't communicate well at all tonight...looking for that to change Friday night)

I could care less if the Rockets lose again on Friday...Its about getting and playing as many high level games vs playoff opponents ... with 4 games left in the season, playing the Spurs and Pelicans should help the Rockets reassess their focus. I expect a much better showing by the Rockets Friday... Tony Parker wont be as effective as he was tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

yes, terry and prigioni will suddenly shed 15 years off their age and be able to play some defense.

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

WE DONT HAVE MIKE MCCARTHY, can't relax

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

How do you think a 38 year old slow Duncan and a fat-ass Diaw stay with their men/play defense?

Defense is a team concept. You can't have an elite defender everywhere... hell, the Rockets +/- was pretty damn good when Parker was torching them by himself early. It was only when they started getting everybody involved, and moved the ball crisply, that they started to run away.

I think McHale should pull a Rudy T and just let Parker get his and live with it (much like he allowed KJ to get his).... meanwhile, you contain Leonard, your big men should stay out of foul trouble, and you don't allow for 3's.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm sorry I've never ever heard of Aaron Rogers so I didn't bother reading

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

LOL... but you take the effort to post in the thread?

And you'll probably take further effort to respond to this.

7. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

RELAX. All our problems will solve themselves come playoffs.

McHale will suddenly know how to coach.

Dorsey and the rest of our bigs will suddenly hit his free throws.

Terry and Prigs will have discovered time travel and wind back the clock 10 years.

Just relax guys...........

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Never heard of that guy either...but Aaron Rodgers just did win the NFL MVP...;)

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Why do you hate football so much?

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Bigs can stay with their men and just use timing/strength to make it hard for the offensive big man.

Parker is still pretty freaking quick for his age. Parker was blowing right past Prigs without even breaking a sweat. Prigs did play defense well for what he has though

11. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Probably because he can't escape it even in a basketball forum.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Assuming that they don't - will our agitation and obsessive comments on Clutchfans help anything? :cool:

Doesn't hurt to be chill.

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

You live under a rock?

14. reliableman

reliableman Member

What's a rock? Never heard of it.

1 person likes this.
  15. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Relax.

McFail will make some great adjustments :rolleyes:

Dwight will work on FTs during warm-ups instead of half court hook shoots and three point jumpers:mad:

Josh Smith will run more ISO :eek:

I'm feeling better already:(

16. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Aaron Rodgers said this after the Packers were 1-2. We're talking about 1-2 weeks left in the season and the possibility of moving to 3rd place in the division and losing home court. With the roster we have, we don't have a shot if we lose home court.

17. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I feel like the average age of posters must be 18 or something. Everyone is so dramatic.

1 person likes this.
  18. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

I feel like you listen to Kidz Bop

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Championship hopes (however small they were) just went down the tube. I guess we should all feel great:confused: Plus i wasted my time by going to the game last night in SA. McFail is such a crap coach its not even funny. When they started the hack-a-Dorsey; instead of taking out that POS out, McFail had Brewer take a rushed mid range jumper off the fast break:eek::eek: How does that make any sense? Did anyone else catch that?

20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

HAHAHAHA!!!:grin: