1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Smashburger > In N Out

2. Buck Turgidson

Spent one night there on a road trip, had a good beef dip sandwich.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't know anything about in-n-out. I actually had to google them because I thought they were the burger joint in Harold and Kumar (apparently, that's White Castle?)

Whataburger is hit or miss. The location by my house is pretty gross and the line at 1 am isn't even worth waiting in (used to be my post-gig stop every weekend back in the day). I find Whataburgers in the country are much better than in the city. The location in Refugio is a must-stop any time I have to drive to Corpus.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've had one around the corner from where I live for a few years now. I still have not eaten there.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

To me, the best fast food burger. But I'm not a ****ing idiot who can't seem to actually enjoy more than one burger

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

a little late bringing it to houston and its pretty overrated. plenty of places in houston now that's easily better

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Good to see I'm not the only one who's been down on Whataburger for a while. Thin ass burgers, cold fries, nasty chicken all of a sudden and when I ask for toasted bun, they char them and do it on the outside of the bun. Don't ****ing burn it idiots, and toast the correct side. Jagoffs.This was done at multiple locations so I quit even going there. Trash food now, even Sonic blows them away as far as a "fast food" burger goes. Never tried this place, zero interest.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This

I don't recall ever having a bad hamburger.. especially from a business that "specializes" in serving them. People act like they're getting pre-cooked, frozen patty and bun, heated in a microwave. LOL

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think their burgers are fantastic, but their fries are straight trash though. Burger and shake is all I need from there

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Whataburger is in their competitor set, I'm not interested at all.

11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I have had both mediocre and awesome burgers from In-N-Out. I still prefer Whataburger but I am glad we have the option to go to either one. I am a fan of delicious food no matter who makes it. People have the most intense opinions about the dumbest ****.

CCity Zero, Houstunna and eric.81 like this.
  12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

+1

Seriously... I really don't give a **** if you put beans in your chili, sauce on your BBQ, which fast food burger you buy, coke, pepsi... WHO CARES?

How about you eat what you like, I'll eat what I like and let's all enjoy the fact that we have an abundance of food.

CCity Zero, Kruze10 and Bäumer like this.
  13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Went to a FatBurger in Vegas a few years back. Burger and fries were absolutely fantastic.

FranchiseBlade and tinman like this.
  14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Five Guys is ok. Their issue is that each location differs in quality, and even within the same location, quality varies on who's making it. I go to the one in Pearland off of Broadway. Most of the time it's good but every once in awhile I'll get a dry or burnt patty.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This was by NRG on Main. I'm not trying to be funny. It was very poor.

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i agree. i ate at in-n-out in cali before they made it to texas and after years of hype i was pretty underwhelmed.

and its too bad there are no p terrys in houston. that is my favorite fast food burger in austin.

last time i was in houston i got a burger at barnabys...it was one of the best hamburgers ive ever had. i got one that was covered in chili and i had to eat it with a knife and fork. i think about that hamburger alot, actually.

No Worries likes this.
  17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

In and Out is the single most overrated food stop of all time. Their burgers are fine but certainly no better then any other fast food burger. I've tried them in Texas and in California and don't get the hype.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Went to 5 guys aka 3 dumbasses for the first time and at it will be the last time I go there. Everything is priced separate. Drink 3 dollars, tiny fries 3 dollars, burger 9 dollars. My family and I waited 35 minutes with barely people inside to get our food. Burger tasted just 1 step above burger king. It's cheaper to go to Fuddruckers.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

In N Out's appeal is more the operational practices than the food itself. Their shtick is they do NOT FREEZE their food. They serve ONLY fresh natural ingredients fresh out the farm as possible with no additives (Why their fries are super cardboard bland, its potatoes cut and cooked on the spot). That they PAY workers more generously than typical fast food wages (Whites/middle class can work there with less shame). And that its family owned, they don't franchise, and they stick to their traditions

It gives its fans some air of "legitimacy", and a feel that there's "authenticity" to the final cooked product. Me, I like my burgers and fries infused with any crap necessary to make it junky and YUMMY (And the 40 minute wait fanboy lines in CA were a turnoff). While commendable of In n Out, theyre good but I put other places comfortably ahead of them

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member