1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-N-Out reportedly opening in HOU in 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by awc713, Jan 31, 2017.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the California transplants are bringing their spots to Austin

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Main thing.. it's a good thing.. Houston gets more things. It's good to have opportunity to experience and decide for yourself.

It's doubtful any burger-joint is closing down soon.

3. Buck Turgidson

It's a marketing ploy. He's done it for years.

It's just regular commercial beef, with his name slapped on it so it costs a bit more.

From his website:

Cattle in our program are raised on natural grasslands with their mothers until weaning. Until they reach approximately 800 pounds, they are raised on grass and pastureland. During the feeding stage, cattle are placed in licensed cattle feeding facilities that follow strict feeding protocols.

All cattle must be fed a high concentrate grain-based ration for a minimum of 100 days prior to harvest. The average grain consumption must equal 50% or more of the ration during the 100 days prior to slaughter.

That's what all grocery store beef is. Raise them on grass, wean them, take them to a feedlot, butcher them.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not a fan of In-N-Out. I get it when I visit California, but I would not go out of my way to have it. Same with Shake Shake.

5 Guys on the other hand. That is an enjoyable burger.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Animal fries are a good drunk food. The fries without animal style aren't very good same for the burgers. If I get a sandwich there it is usually grilled cheese

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Just like Five Guys and Red Robin, the lines for In-N-Out will be crazy for about a week and people will figure out they are nothing special at all.

In-N-Out is a fraud. Whataburger leaves them in the dust.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Is Hut's still on 6th st? That was the first burger I had in Austin when I moved there in '93. Last burger I had at Hopdoddy was good but I'm not too keen on standing in line for 45 minutes to order.

Poodie's is solid (the Poodie Burger), so is the Spicewood General Store and Bill's in Marble Falls. Alamo Springs Cafe is the holy grail.

I don't get the fascination with In-N-Out sauce, it's pretty much just thousand island dressing, right? Nasty stuff.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In-N-Out sucks in other states. I don't think they should have expanded. When it is an hour away from where the ingredients are grown it is godly, but at the end of the day it is just a good fast food burger. You can get a better burger anywhere for 8 bucks.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Overrated AF! Had it in Arizona!

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think Shake Shack is closer to a gourmet burger than In-N-Out is. I personally like Shake Shack better than all of these other fast food burger spots.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

If we're gonna import a Cali burger joint, why can't it be Fatburger? That place rocks.

13. Buck Turgidson

Never been there. Apparently they've opened up in Manila, Pakistan and Shanghai, but no Texas.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I would like to try it. Everytime I see them pictures on Instagram with the melting cheese my soul cries a little bit.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What's the collective BMI of this thread?

First time we've agreed.

Their cajun fries are on point though, will go again once I get some more carb currency.

17. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

It was one of the few places we could get a good burger living in Calgary. Calgarians.........when it comes to food, bless their heart. I'm sure they mean well.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Originally from northern California. In-N-Out Burgers has good burgers but IMO overrated and I really don't like the fries. Way under cooked and would rather eat fries anywhere else except Chik Fi Let (ack). I would go to WhatABurger. I also prefer Freddies burgers. Only had TX Burgers once (on I-10 on way to SA). Nothing memorable. But like many, I'd go to Five Guys, Fuddruckers or Red Robin if given the choice and time. Or Tornado Burgers. Still have to try Mels though.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fuddruckers>In-N-Out

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Fatburger is the best. Their shakes are amazing. The burgers are all really good, and their fries are high quality as well.