1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In my Opinion Stro Swift is perfect for our team

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TeXaSalsa, Apr 29, 2000.

1. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Its true. I might even consider him over K Mart. sorry francis3. he is a tremendous athlete, plays great D, has a decent outside shot, is a good finisher, and RBs well. he is still raw and needs to bulk up. but i have a hunch he will be awesome. i really really would be happy if we got him.

He could even play the '3 in time if he develops his shot more. but he definetly will be a good PF.

im serious i would trade alot of players on our team maybe just maybe even mobley. thats how much i like that guy.

i would throw everything i could at the team w/ the #2 pick. i really believe he could go taht high.
    kenny T, walt, drew, carlos, moochie, even cato or mobley. im sorry i just feel he would fit in so perfectly with our team. itd be really great if we got him and Jabari Smith to back up cato in the 2nd round.

he has some areas to work on and is a bit raw but im sorry he will be blowing up like an H bomb in 2-3 years.

and im a guy who wants to keep our team together when trades r brought up. no more if we have a shot at him. i really believe stro is gonna be great.

BUT this is assuming he comes out. HoopsTV could very well be full of BS. i hope he does though. he hasnt even said from his mouth he will. but if he comes out and gets on our team thank ur lucky stars.

------------------
    --TEX

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Swift just made this a good draft. I'd take him over anyone else, too, and feel we must move up to get him somehow. I agree, he's perfect for the Rockets new team.

It would be really sweet if we could find a way to move up to get him without losing our #9 pick and somehow get Miller or Miles also.

That would make this just as good a draft as the last 2 for the Rockets.

'98 - Dickerson/Mobely (2 tradeable components in Drew and Detroit pick)
    '99 - Francis/Thomas
    '00 - Swift/Miller

So here's how I'd love to see it:

<OL> [*] Trade Drew/KT and Detroit pick to LAC for Kandi and #1 pick
    [*] Trade #1 pick and future Orlando pick to Orlando for their #3 and #10
    [*] Pick Swift at #3
    [*] Pick Miller at #9
    [*] Pick Miles at #10
    [*] Sign Mobely[/list=a]

Then we'd have a playoff team next year:

Dream/Cato/Kandi
    Swift/Rogers/TMass
    Williams/Miller/Bullard/Miles
    Anderson/Mobely
    Francis/Norris

After Dream retires, we get a great center, such as Webber, Wallace,(Rudi will get close to these guys during the Olympics) or Duncan, (who I think will sign a one year contract with SA) and we'd have the final piece for a championship competing team for years.

The new CBA benefits teams who find good talent through the draft, and if an owner can pay the bills, keep their talent as they grow in value. With the cap, that's the only way to end up with better players than everyone else. This would allow us a large group of players who could grow together with strength and depth at every position.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...