1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeachment???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Impeach Trump?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Pursing impeachment is a death sentence for 2020 so I doubt they are stupid enough to do that. Tax returns however would be a decent troll job and funny payback for the birth certificate fiasco without consequences in 2020.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Name one thing in the Stone report that has been found to be false so far.

quikkag likes this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Impeachment - Forget about it. Only the wingnuts considering it..

(this from an independent who despises Dipsh!t Orange)

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, enforcing the law is a waste of time because Republicans are morally corrupt. I mean what crime does he need to commit to get you on board with impeachment? Anything? Where is the bar for you with the most despicable President in American history?

What is the precedent being set here for the next Democratic President that obstructs justice and colludes with a foreign power? I guess that's going to be a waste of time too unless Republicans control both houses which of course then it won't be a waste of time.

Rashmon, quikkag and ROXTXIA like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'd prefer they wait till after his term is up and prosecute him normally.

Don Jr, Kush, Donny....they all need to be in jail, not just removed from office.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Worries and cml750 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump must know he is now exposed when the new congress comes in... he fired sessions...

REEKO_HTOWN and JeffB like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It depends upon what Mueller says.

DD

No Worries, Rashmon, quikkag and 2 others like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

I see the GOP pumping up impeachment.....

No, wait for Mueller. Although, Trump is doing what he can do to neuter the investigation.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agree with several here -- don't impeach just to impeach but if Mueller has a report that gives cause to impeach, then by all means do so. If the Senate won't consider convicting even with a credible special prosecutor investigation, then we're done as a republic and **** those guys. So you impeach anyway and dare them to play politics with the fate of democracy. But before you can do anything you need a very strong basis of evidence on which to bring charges. A witch hunt won't help us.

I also don't have much respect for considering the 2020 election. If that's in the Democrats' calculus then **** those guys too. Impeachment isn't just another tool in the kit to gain political advantage, its a safety measure for when democracy goes off the rails. If you're really going to consider impeaching a president, your personal or partisan political future pales in comparison to what you're about to do. Very bad things will ensue if Trump gets impeached, but if he is guilty of a high crime then you have to do it.

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with all of this.

12. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

Why are we presented with polls that do not include an option along the lines of Other, or Not Sure, or Inconclusive? Until we see a report of the evidence, we cannot responsibly determine the wisdom of impeachment.

With the Sessions resignation and the direction that Department of Justice oversight of the Mueller investigation takes as a result, there is no guarantee the Mueller report even sees the light of day. If it does, and the evidence is damning, I suggest the House is obligated to impeach. Otherwise our system of law is worthless. And even though conviction requires 2/3 approval from what looks to be a Senate of 53 Republicans, the charges must be prosecuted, while the entire nation and world witness the proceedings. If the Senate fails to convict in the face of compelling evidence, televised live to the world, let them experience the repercussions they would deserve.

JeffB and JuanValdez like this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well said!

quikkag likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is the smart move and the right move.

The Dems should really move their focus on more internal issues, economic issues and health care issues and hope to establish some kind of connections to some of the Trump supporters.

Just keep attacking him being a racist moron won't help much as already proved in this election.

The real smart move will be just go along with any of his foreign policy and block all of his internal sh't other than economy related.

Trump is a disaster any where in the world as his foreign policy is a complete joke, let the world hate him, focus on your own people, and then we can retake the white house in 2020.

15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...maybe the Donald could have Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kellyanne Conway give him oral sex in the Oval Office.

...he could even lie about it afterwards...

...that oughtta get the mob out with their pitchforks....

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Can I ask why you say this?

I've seen someone else mention his tax returns so not trying to single you out, yours was just the first post I saw.

What exactly do you hope this will dig up on Trump?

17. dmoneybangbang

The GOP talking point has been about impeachment to rile up the base.

18. dmoneybangbang

What information have you seen? Whether or not Trump is losing money by being president isn't an excuse to profit from being in the office.

What exactly do you think the reason for Trump refusing decorum is? Would you say Trump is a trust worthy individual?

Very nice edit btw, much less crazy sounding now.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Sorry, I had amended my post before your reply as I think I misunderstood what the poster I quoted was getting at, so amended to suit.

But just touching on what you say about him making profit from being in the office, didn't the Obama's gain a huge amount of wealth whilst being in the office? Didn't Hillary Clinton? Aren't some of the more vocal Democrats right now (I'm sure the Republicans are too) making a huge profit while being in the position of power?

So I'm not sure whether people are just pencilling Trump in as the only one doing that? I think that's what my initial post was getting at, if that's what he was getting at with the tax returns then are we wanting to see everyone's tax return?

tycoonchip likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

That was some "amendment".

Did Hillary or Obama have guests, dignitaries, and the like stay at their properties on the tax payer dime? Did Clinton or Obama put their children and children in law into positions of power? How much travel time/golf time has Trump done at his own resorts, on the tax payer dime?

Stop being dense.