1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Impeachment???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 6, 2018.

?

Impeach Trump?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Again, if impeachable crimes are uncovered and proven... the integrity of our government will be at risk. That is why we even have the impeachment process. Unless you think it better to just ignore such crimes?

quikkag likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"Impeachable Crimes" is such a vague threshold.

As for the integrity of our government, no I don't believe impeachment proceedings would save that.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Open investigations in the House will do more damage to the President and is the clear and easy win for the Democrats.

Impeachment will be driven by the Mueller Report.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

That is pretty close to reality considering we were set up as a republic.

cml750 and Falcons Talon like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

So, if Mueller's investigation finds and present believable evidence that trump broke laws such as emoluments laws, engaged in money laundering, committed obstruction of justice, and/or engaged in a criminal conspiracy that resulted in his winning the 2016 presidency... you think American should just shrug shoulders and give him a pass? Or would you prefer not even knowing if he did any/all of this?

quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The criminal conspiracy to get elected would deserve impeachment if there were serious proof of his involvement and included trading something.
    If it boils down to Russia liked him and helped him without him promising them anything then I don’t think America is going to care.

The rest of that stuff? America doesn’t care

7. NewRoxFan

Wow... the bar has changed so much. "If russia helped trump win without him promising anything"? Seriously? We already know trump has delayed, stopped and ignored sanctions and it appears there were communications about doing so between trump's campaign and advisers and Russia.

But again, this will all be shown (or not shown) by Mueller's investigation.

8. NewRoxFan

trump must have been up all last night celebrating...

joshuaao and No Worries like this.
  9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Republicans did it.

quikkag likes this.
  10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

And it was stupid then too.

pgabriel, Os Trigonum and cml750 like this.
  11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I do not think there should be impeachment unless the Mueller investigation turns up solid evidence of Trump direct involvement to Russia. Vote him out in 2020 if the country is willing.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If impeachment is going to be their primary focus in the House then they'll get their asses handed to them (and rightfully so) in 2020. Just protect Mueller to the best of their abilities and let him finish his investigation.

Dark Rhino likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like others have said, let's wait and see the report. If there is evidence to warrant an impeachment then I would like them to proceed with an impeachment.

That would be the right thing to do even if it costs them spots in the next election.

I actually have my doubts about that. Impeachment would anger Trump's base. Trump's base would never vote for them anyway. Depending on what the evidence was impeaching Trump could please a lot of people. If the process is quick it will be forgotten in the minds of voters by 2020. If the Democrats have a candidate that is liked it will help those on the ticket underneath.

There are a ton of factors that will have an impact on the next election with or without the impeachment.

quikkag likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

I wouldn't touch impeachment but do release his taxes to troll him.
    & More dinners with fancy nancy please, which always freaks out the right when donald and nancy get together.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It was stupid then because Clinton received a blowjob and then lied about it under oath. BFD.

Trump is a Manchurian candidate. He's compromised as a decision maker, after decades of bankruptcy ordeals with the only thing keeping him afloat being Russian oligarchy money funneling in through Deutsche Bank, their designated money laundering firm. Even running up to the election he was like Turkish from Snatch...if he DIDN'T win the election after all the help they gave him, we might have seen the Russian mafia scoop him up and feed him to the pigs.

Russia isn't doing this to all of a sudden transform the USA's or any other country's trade policy towards them. They're doing this because they hate the West, they hate democracy, and they want to bring us down to their level so they can show their countrymen that citizens all over the world have it as bad as they do. Britain is finding out the same result, that Russia bankrolled the entire Brexit debacle and is behind a ton of the white nationalist screed all throughout mainland Europe. They sow discontent and social turmoil because that is who they are. They are a state where the #1 industry and export, above oil and weapons manufacturing, is espionage.

Russia is the scorpion, if anyone has seen the Crying Game. Once upon a time a frog was sitting on once side of a lake, and the scorpion approached him. He asked to ride on the frog's back to be transported across the lake in return for a favor. The frog mentioned, distrustingly, "How do I know that when I let you on my back that you won't sting me?" The scorpion replied, "Because, if I sting you while we are over the water then I will fall into the water, and we both shall drown." Seeing the logic in this answer, the frog relented. Halfway across the lake he felt a sharp pain in his side. He had been stung. As he and the scorpion both sank to their death in the bottom of the lake, he yelled, "Why did you sting me, Mr. Scorpion?!" To which the scorpion replied, "I can't help it, it's just in my nature."

Don't blame Trump. It's also in his nature as a malignant narcissist. The hustle for him will not end until his final breath is drawn. Blame the enablers all around him who saw in him an opportunity to advance their selfish pursuits. May God have no mercy on any of them, any of us.

#35 Spacemoth, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

If the Mueller investigation had anything, you would have heard about it by now before this election cycle. If they impeach without any reason, it'll just mean that they've re-elected him in 2020.

Wattafan likes this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It was stupid then, but the President had actually committed a crime when he lied under oath. All the stuff you are saying is just conjecture and conspiracy theory.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A republic is a subset of a type of democracy.

What you have in your head is direct democracy vs representive democracy which is essentially a republic .

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's far from conspiracy theory. Without the report, we don't know all of the evidence. We do know some of the evidence and we have multiple indictments and several guilty pleas already.

quikkag likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump will likely be deposed in several upcoming law suits*, where he will plenty of opportunities to show the world (and poser Bill Clinton) what a world class lier he is.

* Sumer Zervos defamation suit, District of Columbia and the State of Maryland emoluments law suit.

conquistador#11 likes this.