1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeachment live hearing thread Nov 13-21 2019

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 13, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, I got a chance to watch some video of his performance just now, and wow... I see what you mean. Yikes.

2. dmoneybangbang

This is a Rockets forum.... and you've only posted in two threads in the D&D.... both about impeachment....

Just sayin' I didn't realize that Clutch Forum was known for it's political discourse. That's all I'm saying....

Ubiquitin likes this.
  3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah posting here is for fun at the end of the day. It’s the Rockets that matter and why I stick around. I don’t talk politics at work or publicly like I did during Bush’s years, so I come here to pretend the debates and discussions will change the minds of conservatives.

Narrator: It didn’t.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Who signs up on a basketball forum only to debate in a political subforum?

What's your banned original account?

And yes, the FISA warrant crap is debunked. William Barr is merely conducting a superficial investigation at the behest of Trump's political aspirations and you would have to be a dumbass to think otherwise.

Carter page was already being investigated in 2012 for being recruited by Russian spies which was well before Trump's political campaign and the dossier. You would think a competent federal law enforcement entity would see a giant red flag if someone who was being recruited by Russian spies joined a prominent presidential campaign.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/former...igence-radar-before-russia-dossier-1517486401

#124 fchowd0311, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I've never been banned. Did I not just say that? I joined back when there were rumors of the Pippen trade. I visited the page daily for a long period of time. Longer than you've been a member. Doc Rocket and Popeye were the go to insiders or Ollipiere, which I believe was Popeye... In the early days it was ClutchCity.com. I love the Rockets, Texas and 'Stros.

All that aside, I read the D&D because SOMETIMES there are civil discussions and the posters in the D&D are much more well informed and articulate their points of view much better than lets say Reddit or whatever else. I attribute it to the diversity of Rocket fans and possibly because of the Austin, TX connection. I don't want to read opinions that are in line with mine. I want to see both sides. And sometimes I get big kick watching some of the posters make complete assess of themselves.

So, because I don't toe the liberal line you do what you do....attack. It's a microcosm of what's going on in the media and a stereotype of the left. You'd think it only applies in the media, but it's playing itself out. I haven't come on to the forum and belligerently posted inflammatory right wing rhetoric. I've tried to get involved in discussion. And look at this post .... Pathetic.

Let's take a look at this beauty right here:
    And yes, the FISA warrant crap is debunked. William Barr is merely conducting a superficial investigation at the behest of Trump's political aspirations and you would have to be a dumbass to think otherwise.

I want to take the high road.. This whole statement is evidence that you are completely biased and really don't have a clue to what's going on with the 'FISA crap'. How is it debunked? It was based off a DNC funded dossiere and the fact that the DNC didn't fund it was withheld from the judge who signed the warrant. Then it was renewed by Comey, Rice and McCabe AFTER the dossier was proven to be complete bullish!t. It's funny that W. Barr was regarded as unbiased UNTIL he delivered his summery after the Mueller report was complete. You didn't like what he had to say and now he's become biased. Have you made your mind up about Durham? What about Horowitz? He's not Trump's appointee. Do you even know who those two are? Dude, I'm knee deep into two books on this very subject. I read leatherbound books and have book shelves made of mahogany. I drive a Ford Taurus!!! I know about 5 card tricks which will blow your mind. I watched at least 3 documentaries this year. I once shaved Chuck Norris' bear while he was sleeping....and got away with it. I am YOUR huckleberry, sir.

So take that insult of yours and file it in your a$$. And I say that with all due respect.

mick fry and bigtexxx like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also, The warrants were for Carter Page who was surveillance by the FBI for possible recruitment by a Russian agent in 2012 well before he was affiliated with Trump. Like I said before which you chose to ignore, I would hope you would believe a federal law enforcement agency should have a giant red flag if someone like that joined a presidential election campaign.

Also, when the investigation started and well before the Trump presidency, before Trump fired Comey, the investigation that was being conducted by the FBI was not on Trump himself. In fact the FBI repeated that the subjects of the investigations didn't revolve around Trump himself but members of his campaign. The Dossier is specifically about Trump. The investigation was started to investigate members of Trump's campaign because of multiple suspicious activity including what I linked about Carter Page.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what happens one way or the other. That guy is my favorite thing about the whole hearing. He was hilarious.

So much fun. I wish it wasn't something so serious so I could laugh guilt free.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at the eye roll from the staffer.

This guy alone is worth the price of admission. Add to this that he is the person paid money to represent Trump's defense says all you need to know about Trump and his defense.

Amiga, RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong. I do care about the outcome but whether or not Trump is impeached nothing will change...

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It's really not though damning at all though. It's all unreliable second hand information about what they thought was going through Trump's mind. It couldn't get you convicted of jaywalking.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Would have been funnier if I read it.

Delivery, son. It's key.

Ask Bezos.

B@ffled likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually, that isn't what it is at all. It was conversations they overheard which isn't hearsay and is admissible in a criminal trial. Not only that, there are depositions from people who were on the call and will be giving testimony. Not only that, Trump's own Chief of Staff confirmed it in a publicized press conference.

Testimony from the witnesses who have testified is anything but 'unreliable'. They have a life long record of service to this nation under leaders from both parties.

So the idea that it is 'unreliable' or 'second hand' just isn't accurate.

No Worries likes this.
  13. SamFisher

Heh, you're wrong on a few counts here.

To the extent jaywalking was invented, it was a device to shame the jaywalker as an idiot. And frankly, to that extent of being a shameful idiot is an offense, President Trump is John Wayne Gacy in a ****ing clown suit.

Second, while there's almost no criminal prosecution of jaywalking on any relevant record to speak of, without even reading whatever you wrote, the fact that you are arguing the President's lack of mens rea is not a good harbinger for your bar exam, Sonny.

Impeachment is more like the indictment phase (though of course, it's not a criminal trial and does not require that level of proof anyway). To the extent you're making an argument about mental state, you've already conceded the point and we're in Senate deliberation mode. And sadly, lacked the mental state is not a viable defense for impeachment and never had been...not to mention that in this case it's patently untrue to any non-idiot that the President was acting in good faith here (about 70% of the US, but who's counting..?).

Even Republicans have conceded that last point. I guess not you though.

Anyway aren't you the same dipshit last seen around these parts posting about hyperinflation due to Obama? Glad you came out of your bunker to grace us with more of your brand of stupid.

Beating a dead horse to death. It can be done if you beat harder! Trust me, Patriot! I read it on your Facebook.. sorry I meant FACEBOOK.

Anyway peace out genius.

#133 SamFisher, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Rashmon and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sig worthy.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I suggest that you actually watch the proceedings and undertake at least a cursory examination of the extensive backgrounds of both foreign service diplomats who gave their testimony, including their service in our military. Frankly, I'm not sure what you are attempting to say. You make no sense at all, with all due respect. You imply that those two diplomats took the oath and testified for a flippant reason. That is far from the truth. Both were there because they were required to testify before the United States Congress, publicly, before the American people. As their background makes clear, it was a duty they took very seriously. My suggestion is that you take all of this seriously, as well.

Oh, and be careful crossing the street. Always obey our traffic laws. They are there for a reason.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

LOL Schiff just interupts his council to catch Trump in a real time Witness Tampering trap.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It is not only "witness tampering." It is abuse of power, intimidating a witness, and an attempt to intimidate witnesses who follow her. Incredible.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why is it witness tampering or worse, intimidating a witness?

I mean it's obnoxious, but don't get how the tweets are tampering or intimidating.

19. SamFisher

The statute is very broadly written, like most federal criminal statutes - it's basically a corrupt intent to influence an official proceeding and an attempt to do so - i.e., all of the things that Donald Trump expresses in public.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is he trying to influence the hearing though? Or is he just attacking her for publicity reasons?