1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 24, 2017.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

In what way? There has been a slowdown in jobs since Obama left office.

And this is Trump's "strength"?

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

I honestly thought this was a joke

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

North Korea officially sentenced him to death so that's one scenario...

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

America isn't the laughing stock. Trump is.

Corrupt and unethical politics from both party has lead to a Trump election. Deal with the cause, not the effect.

5. rezdawg

What does unethical politics have anything to do with a reality star with zero political experience being in a position to become president? America is the laughing stock bc we voted him into that position. Every single rebublican within the government is more fit for presidency. Anyone who voted for this side show is at fault...just shows how uneducated we are in most parts of this country...and the rest of us have to deal with it.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Everything. Republicans at least put up over half a dozen candidates against Trump. Energized extremists on the right pushed him into being the RNC nomination.

It was the DNC's unethical behavior that GAVE the nomination to a very unlikable Hillary Clinton.

How many people actually liked Trump before the election? With whatever number you come up with, what possible candidate could the DNC put up that would actually lose to a clown like Trump? When everyone puts up the lowest common denominator, who is to blame?

7. rezdawg

There are no candidates without flaws... But Trump is basically nothing but flaws. Any single person running would have been better prepared for presidency. Sure, everyone can share some blame... But Trump ultimately conned his way to the presidency while convincing a bunch of jackasses to follow him blindly. Ultimately, that makes America a laughing stock, which was my initial point...the fact that Donald is representing us is a joke.

foh, No Worries and krnxsnoopy like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can believe whatever you want to in your world, but the reality is that Brand USA was the number 1 ranked national brand before Trump and has now dropped to number 5 in the last year. So yes, he is damaging America's perception in the world which will negatively impact our country from tourism to exports as US brands take a hit from Trump.

rezdawg likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I work with folks from Singapore, UK, Australia, India, and Ireland. They have always been very polite in bringing it up but they always find a way to essentially ask me what the hell is wrong with you people, and approach me cautiously as if I myself might be a Trump loyalist so they don’t start an argument. However the eagerness to find out what the hell is wrong with Americans that they don’t understand is blatantly obvious. It happens all the time.

So yes ... with this pattern of communications I’m having to have all the time there a clear thought process out there that it’s not just Trump the world is concerned about .... the people and environment that allowed him to be elected, in my experience, is just as big of an issue around the world and they seem far more concerned about “Us” than we do.

foh, rezdawg and No Worries like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have only been to Japan since he was elected but people asked me several times over the week (around 5-6) times what I thought about him. Cautiously also. One girl asked me if I thought that it hurts democracy lol

rezdawg likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Posts reported (to the FBI).

12. rezdawg

They agree with the sentiments.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my opinion is that this editorial gets it just about right

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-forbidden-i-word-1535064815?mod=e2two

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Republicans are making this, Democrats's only agenda is impeach the POTUS, an issue.

Democrats should push back but they will not. The simple push back is to make ... Will you vote to impeach Trump if Mueller's report finds high crimes and misdemeanors? ... the issue instead.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Someone as criminal looking as Trump, and we haven't yet seen the end of the Mueller investigation... needs a Congress that is willing to impeach a criminal President. That doesn't look likely with a GOP congress. The American people would be smart to elect a DEM controlled Congress to have that option when and if it's time to exercise it.

But this is projection, with an emphasis (no group has an only agenda - that's just silly). The fact is that the GOP congress #1 agenda is to make Obama a 1-term president, even before Obama has done anything. So it's naturally that these people think the other side would do the same. If the situation is reversed, they would have this position. And I wouldn't disagree with them this time. While Obama hasn't done anything when GOP leaders make that agenda public, Trump has shown that he's a criminal. To what level is still to be determined.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except the only news outlet to question the White House on it was FoxNews, and Donald Trump is talking about is himself more than anyone else in politics.

Just admit the gameplan here which is obvious:

The Trump cult wants to talk about how the Democrats only want to talk about impeachment so they are talking about it because they think it helps them politically if the Democrats are talking about it.

But Democrats shouldn’t give two sh$&’s about what Trump, his propaganda networks, and his cult fans say. They are going to makeup the reality they want and their ignorant followers will believe whatever they want.

Truth is, all I and many others really care about is having a check on the corruption and to protect Democracy which is in jeopardy with Trump in power without any checks by the Republicans. If the process of checking executive power leads to impeachment eventually so be it, but that’s far down the line at this point. I just want leadership in Congress that is currently not being provided by the Republican party who are cowering in fear of Trump & his base of followers who have proven to have zero respect for Democracy & the rule of law anymore.

#196 dobro1229, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    adoo likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sounds about right, For myself, I don't give a rat's ass about how successful the Democratic Party might be, and I expect them to be as wrong as they are right on whatever policy platform they want to push. But, I will be voting D pretty hard on my next opportunity because I want (1) an impeachment and (2) to punish every Republican who surrendered their moral compass to appease Donald Trump. I could vote for a McCain type Republican who stood on principle, but I won't have anyone like that on my ballot. But the Democratic strategy makes sense. They have the votes of Never Trumpers like me almost regardless of what they espouse. They need to sell a positive platform of other stuff they want to do for that slice of the population that ridiculously still doesn't know whether or not Trump is crooked, or don't have the wisdom to care, and think they should approach this election "neutrally" and consider policy positions. So, yeah they should avoid the I word for now. But if they get a majority of the House and don't seriously pursue an impeachment strategy, I won't have much hope left for this country.

foh likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

There's a pretty good chance that the only "I" word that will be relevant by the midterm elections is: INDICTMENT.

Impeach? Sure. He'll most likely resign before that happens.

It's really a sad reflection on our country that we have so many people willing to compromise their integrity and self respect in defending a president who is clearly unfit to serve.

I understand the desire to want your party elected to enact policies that you support but this administration is beyond the pale. These congressmen, senators, and media pundits carrying water for this abomination sully their reputations and stain this country's history. I hope they are all punished at the ballot box.

When your grandkids are in history class learning about the darkest hour of this country's "mistake" in 2016 some of you will have a hard time trying to explain why you have that old MAGA hat on the wall and why you supported this unindicted co-conspirator.

Amiga and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

GOP congressman says it’s ‘too soon’ for an impeachment inquiry, but Cohen plea and Manafort conviction should worry Trump allies
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/22/tom...peachment-but-cohen-plea-maybe-dangerous.html

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Trump memo in the future: running for president was the worst thing i have done in my life.