1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach, or not? A poll on the current status.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 25, 2019.

?

Would you vote to start impeachment proceedings based upon current information?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2019.
  1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's good to know that not all conservatives are deranged over Trump.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I never thought it would be Napolitano. I really didn't. But he's sticking to some inner compass here.

"I always thought it would be Clemenza."

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trump...lol.

If Pence has any balls, he would invoke the 25th Amendment and sack the deranged-in-chief.

Right now, the House doesn't even need to interview the WB's witnesses. Just string Trump's hourly public statements that continuously violate federal and constitutional laws.

The Trump era is like a nightmare that you can't wake up from.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I heard from 32 people that Trump is going to be impeached tomorrow. Get ready to celebrate. These are 32 anonymous white house officials guys. It's a big number so you can trust it.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I have - short term gains (in theory if everyone play ball). Assuming that, still not worth it for a devastating future of trump 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, ... and btw, that Trump 3.0 could be a democrat

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If there was ever a i didn’t know defense, that went out of the door.

At this rate, when there is enough clear direct evidence of quid pro quo... instead of denial and lies, he and the republican is going to normalize that as well.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And that is worth possibly benefiting millions of Americans and getting things done that Democrats have been trying to do for decades in this hypothetical scenario?

Censure?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are projecting a Trump 2.0 or whatever.

And impeachment does nothing to curtail a president who would try the same thing as Trump.

This is the argument I just don't understand, the entire reason we are in this mess is the fact that Trump has no conscience and knows he will not actually be removed from office.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

foh and B-Bob like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I am.

You are making the argument for why Trump behaves like he is, the same argument I use for why Trump 2.0 will happen. He knows he will not be removed from office - or more accuracy, he is gambling that he will not be, each and every time he extend further down the path of more extreme and illegal behaviors. If the GOP had stand up and said, no Trump, you cannot obstruct an investigation, the admin wouldn't be obstructing everything today. If the GOP had stand up and said, no Trump, you cannot accept information of his political opponents from a foreign government, he would not ask Ukraine, China, and whoever else for exactly that. Each and every time he does something more extreme, the GOP wouldn't rebuke him, which embolden him to do more.

Impeachment is the Constitutional duty to protect the Constitution. If you simply only see this as a way to put a halt on Trump's behavior, to remove him, to punish him, you are somewhat missing the point. With the GOP abandoning their sworn duty to the protect the Constitution, those are unlikely outcomes (although, you never said never). It's to uphold the Constitution, clearly state what's right and what's wrong, and for future generation to not dare go pass that line. If you do not act upon that duty, you essentially are sending a message, it's okay and acceptable. You did not stand up and said, no, you cannot do that. And one day, after Trump is gone, the next President with an itch for some political material for his political opponents will take that step to obtain that material from foreign government - and it would be fine. It would be Trump 2.0. And Trump 2.0 would be normal.

BigM, RayRay10, mdrowe00 and 5 others like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will give Fox credit that recently they have been living closer to their "Fair and Balanced" labels. For as much as Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Jeanine Pirro, and Fox and Friends are all in on the Trump deep end Napolitano, Chris Wallace and Shep Smith have been taking a stand against him.

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ted Cruz finally making his move while Trump mocks his ugly wife and calls his father a terrorist again.

[​IMG]

#273 CometsWin, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  14. NewRoxFan

mcconnell stakes his claim...

joshuaao, mdrowe00 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow! Without hearing all the evidence that's to come... Turtle may overrate his own amphibious abilities on a leaking ship in deep water.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

We need to all remember again what Lindsey Graham said. Impeachment isn't a criminal process. It is a political process and is under the Legislative branch not the judicial. Graham was absolutely right that this is a process that is cleansing the office. Whether anything Trump has been accused of has reached a criminal level, and the Mueller report did show that it does, this is about the office of the Presidency.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've been saying since day one that Trump is violating the emoluments clause. I'll take impeachment on any of the unethical and corrupt things he has done but I think this is the worst and the most clear violation of the Constitution. It's boggled my mind why much more hasn't been made about how from the moment he didn't separate himself from his businesses, or at least put them in a blind trust, he has been violatng the emoluments clause.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is impeachment defending the constitution?

And you have yet to explain how this impeachment curtails anybody in the future if it does not remove them from office.

If that was the case Republican Senators would be denouncing him right and left.

Once again people are using impeachment as some great symbolic proceedings that will make any president in the future have 2nd thoughts.

I disagree the only thing that will deter any future presidents is a conscience and legal proceedings after they leave office.

20. NewRoxFan