1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach, or not? A poll on the current status.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 25, 2019.

?

Would you vote to start impeachment proceedings based upon current information?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2019.
  1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Do you believe thatTrump's asking a foreign government for help getting dirt on a political rival is worthy of Impeachment?

This is based upon what we know now.

1. An implied Quid per Quo - though some wiggle room exists.
    2. He asked a foreign power to help get dirt on a political rival - admitted, and on the record.

If you were in the House of Representatives, would you vote to start Impeachment proceedings based upon that?

Yes or no?

Please post why you voted the way you did.

DD

PS. This poll will run for 7 days - then a new one may be started if new facts emerge or the narrative is changed.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I voted yes, because asking a foreign power to help you politically is against the law.

Quid per Quo is also illegal, but it is not necessary to have it clear - it is already against the law without it.

DD

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think that the House should open an Impeachment Inquiry wrt to the whistleblower's complaint. If the facts later demand it, the House should have an Impeachment vote.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Corrosion, da_juice, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Barr needs to investigate the investigation again. Those always turn out well and are a good use of time and money.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would've voted yes 6 months ago.

da_juice, Deckard, Eric Riley and 2 others like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You have to. A law was broken, period.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i would have voted yes in may 2017 when trump said on national television that he fired comey to make the russia investigation go away. and even that would have been late...he has been violating the emoluments clause since the first day of his presidency.

it was also in may of 2017 that he invited russians into the oval office (in secret) and gave them classified intel.

or in july 2018 when he sided with putin over our own intel agencies in front of the entire f***ing world.

or after the mueller report came out, with all the examples of obstruction of justice.

this ukraine thing is just one more example of activity that clearly warrants removal from office. anyone who argues otherwise is a member of the cult of trump. there is zero credible defense of any of this and we all know if it was obama who had done just one of these things the trumpublicans would have been calling for his immediate impeachment and arrest.

for the sake of our constitution and the rule of law he must be impeached asap.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as far as bidens kid being on the board of directors of a ukraine company...its not technically illegal, but its swampy as hell. at the very least its a bad look due to potential conflict of interest. but its a total joke that trump would be the one to call out biden here. also, this happens all the time...spouses and kids of politicians getting these kind of jobs - members of both parties do this and if trump making an issue of it can bring it into the light then i say good.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sort of reminds me of when they got Al Capone for tax evasion, but it important to go on the historical record to impeach this pathological lying narcissist.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, won't get past senate, Trump will use the failure to impeach as a mega weapon during the election, his supporters will become riled up by the "witch hunt".

Trump has legitimate reasons to be impeached, this "scandal" i'd put low on the list, that being said if it's impossible to impeach him then this is a big waste of time and a lot of ammunition for Trump.

da_juice likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His followers are always riled up, if the Democrats are scared of doing anything because of the chance that they will rile up Trumpers then they will never win anything ever again.

As it stands, Trump committed a crime, Congress job is to be a check on him and that's what they are doing.

As for the elections, let us remember that there are also Republicans in purple seats too.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yes I would, don’t wait any longer. Stop dragging your feet and do it already. It’s been 3 yrs what are you waiting for?

13. Nook

Nook Member

It is questionable behavior and that doesn’t even address his Chinese ties. It is nothing close to the behavior of Trump but I for one do not like it

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I agree 100% and I don't like it. It does happen all the time, and I think this could hurt Biden. People are sick and tired of politicians and their shady behavior. But yes, for Trump to call out Biden on this is really funny. Trump is shadier than anyone I have ever seen.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't mind Biden stepping down but ultimately, it's up to the primary voters to decide who their candidate is.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is that if the Democrats don't do it, Trump will create a fake reason to rile up his supporters and they will buy it. Look at the investigation of the investigation from the Mueller report.

I think the biggest fear I would have would not be fired up Trump supporters but people who only pay attention once in a while getting fatigued with the impeachment stuff. However, for those people, re-electing Trump won't won't solve those issues, but it will make them worse. I think they know that too.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They turned on Bush in year seven.

Only thing keeping the Gospel alive is Prosperity.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Trump is an walking impeachment waiting to happen. Dude is as sleazy as they come.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or in May 2018 when he suddenly lifted sanctions on Chinese Telecom ZTE and tweeted he was "saving jobs in China". the day after the Chinese allowed several copyrights on Ivanka Trump brands to pass and the same week the Chinese invested half a billion in a Trump branded project.

Or in 2017 when at the time that Trump was cracking down on immigrants and railing against immigrants taking American jobs and crime his administration expanded a program for unskilled immigrant labor that Trump properties used.

Or when Trump continued to defend the Saudis after his own intelligence agencies were saying MBS was complicit in the murder of a journalist with permanent American residency.

Or in 2017when Trump said he was imposing a Muslim ban yet left off the country that 15 of the 19 911 hijackers came from and where the masterminds of 911 came from. While those same Saudis were spending a lot of money on Trump properties and as President Trump was bragging about how much the Saudis bought his toys and paid in cash.

Or just for whatever this is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deckard, RayRay10, Nook and 2 others like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes but the American people are ok with all of that. Or Republican are. They only complain if HIllary does wrong by her email server