1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impact Player?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Fegwu, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

If my memory serves me right, I overhead the ESPN baseball crew calling our game against the BrewCrew last Sunday saying that the Brewers 3rd base coach, Rich Donnelly, stressed or mentioned to them that Chris Tremie will be an impact player for us and will have a say in our playoff push. Who is Chris Tremie and what is special about him?

2. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

he's a career minor league guy whos only played a handful of major league games his whole career, some thing like around 40 AB's total i think. The announcers were talking about guys who had suddenly been called to the big leagues in a pennant race and made big contributions and i think they were just making a prediction that at some point Tremie would make some kind of big impact on us due to the fact that Ausmus might not be able to play for a few days.

3. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I see. Thanks.

I had never of him before now so the impact thing took me by surprise.

4. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Rich Donnelly is a notorious "funny man," sort of Jim Deshaies-style. I think the odds are that someone was having a ****ty day, so he decided to tell them a funny joke.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

they never really said "big impact" they just said that before the season is done, Chris Tremie will somehow make a difference as this club pushes towards the playoffs.