1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka says Rockets looked "soft or scared" in loss to Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2024.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Tari, yes! Alpi, I'm not sure about. Remember there was numerous times this yr, Ime had to sit him down because of that very fact, lack of energy.

If he wasn't scoring, he wasn't doing anything else and GS interior defense was stellar last night.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wasn't doing anything except rebounding, passing, playing defense. And he was scoring, very consistently.

maypk, cml750 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I just said the same things. GS cut off the interior and doubled Jalen, so who else was going to beat them?

Our interior is SOFT! Dillion had 3 rebounds and Jabari had 0!!! Think about that.

Thats your center and SF.

Nook likes this.
  4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

No he wasn't, that's why he was benched, because he wasn't doing anything else.

I watch EVERY game and the ones I don’t watch, Im there. He was benched on several occasions and Ime spoke on it, as well

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jabari is ridiculously soft. We are just finding out fellas? He is not a good complimentary player to franchise Sengun.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nobody takes you seriously.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think Jalen played Ok last night, all things considereding. He definitely wasn’t great and could've been more aggressive. I think he got sat down because of those ONE HANDED PASSES....ridiculous.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude! I don’t know NOBODY/ANYBODY on this board and neither do you, so who cares! Are you serious?

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari is neither a center or a PF at this time, he should be playing SF. Ive said this befire, he's being missed used due to available personnel.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What do you mean? Banchero wasn't an option for us. He went two picks earlier? There wasn't anybody on the planet who wouldn't have picked up Bari with the 3rd pick. And, personally, I love how Bari is growing. He's still only 20. I think he's going to be very good.

AroundTheWorld and Y2JT like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Green and Jabari were benched far more times.
    And Alp is far and away the best player on this team

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Which will never happen given the current makeup of the roster. Dillon is starting at SF this season. Next season, he'll compete with Tari for the job. And Amen could wind up at that position if he can't play PG. Plus there's Cam and the occasional minutes he'll get at the 3. And I'm assuming Tate gets traded or cut at some point or else he'd play SF too.

So either Jabari develops into a reliable PF at the defensive end or he'll have to be traded and the Rockets will need to go in a different direction at that position.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter the number of times, its the fact that they were ALL benched for the same reasons....SOFT!

14. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

They were soft and lost out there. It is what it is. This was what we all wanted from the season. Meaningful basketball played at the end of the season, guys showing flashes of what they could be, a coach who holds them accountable, etc. No shame in losing to a better team.

Jabari didn't get rebounds, but he drew a lot of fouls I can remember from guys trying to hold him while he was the only one crashing the boards. Amen definitely had a welcome to the NBA moment last night, and he's the kind of guy who will come back better for it. We're one dimensional now without Alpi, but it won't be that way next year.

I'm so excited to see them rebound from the loss. I can't wait for next year, but I'm not ready for this year to be over.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets were definitely soft and unprepared to compete. They reverted to Silas-ball. It's gonna take time to completely get this out of their system. Also, I think playing really shorthanded for a whole month is catching up with some of these guys. Add Sengun, Eason, and Adams to this group next season and I'm pretty sure they'll look a lot less soft out there.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It does matter. Alp was benched twice, and responded. It’s a common theme for some others,

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Very good point! Since this is there first time going through this process, its easy to revert back to bad habits and I do think the benefit of having a full roster will alleviate a lot of the SOFTNESS

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Correction Dillon had 0 and Jabari had 3. Also Amen had just 4. That's disgusting, especially from Brooks who's the strongest and most experienced of the 3. Loves to bark but rebounds like a mouse his whole career. Jabari is going to be fine once he's stronger, it's not a lack of will there.

Rebounding is what allowed them to build the big cushion early. Then we had the task of making a comeback against 4 times former champions who are the most experienced team in the NBA.

FVV easily allowing the opponent to enforce the pace of the game and rebounding. Those are the two biggest culprits. We played their speed and style while giving them 10-20 extra opportunities. We were never going to outshoot them but I thought we'd at least match their energy and aggressiveness.

We learn and move on. Keep an eye on players that shine in these moments. All future champions have had games and moments like this.

We finish the season strong and strategize in the summer.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It was more than twice, however. Let's say it was twice, if someone benched you the first time for being SOFT, would they have to do it again? Would you want that label?

I know I couldn't see Jordan, Shaq, Magic, Giannas, Embiid, etc being benched for being SOFT once, if so, it most definitely wouldn't be twice!

Im not excusing Jalen but I think the double teams took him away from his scoring and turned him into a passer, so he became less aggressive. But Jabari, I can not excuse his lack of rebounding nor Dillions.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. Arnel

Arnel Member

1,000%

Can’t believe the coaches didn’t tell him to knock that sh*t off especially if you’re not even gonna play to back it up. Idiotic