1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime needs to give Jalen.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 18, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

A wakeup call!

Jalen has not reached his potential and I thinknits largely due to him being tentative at the end of games.....he disappears.

His handles are still weak, he doesnt drive with force, and his outside shot is streaky.

I think he needs to give Jalen the same treatment he gave Jabari.....sit him down. Since we don't have a veteran two guard to close, like Ime did with Jeff Green and Jabari, I think he needs to give Cam Withmore some of Jalen's minutes, as a wakeup call.

maj21, fattz and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This has been an issue with Jalen for a while, he hits tough late game shots but doesn’t really know how to consistently finish games. He needs to watch film, learn from his mistakes, and try to not repeat the same ones. I was pretty negative in the game thread, but overall I’ve been pretty pleased with Jalen this season. He hasn’t had a single truly explosive offensive game, but for the most part he’s getting his points in the flow of the game and he’s impacting the game in ways besides his scoring.

His late game blunders are the one blemish I’d like to erase from his game…let’s see if Ime can help him get it done

3. invocux

invocux Member

a nail polish created by ancient wizards for sole purpose of turning a bad basketball player into a good basketball player when applied on nails before full moon.

justinh, jbond77 and Rokman like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Jalen needs to give the ball to VanVleet to finish games until he can do it night in and night out.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you had a better 2 guard, sit him but you don't.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not agree, FVV is undersized and can only chuck 3s and long 2s and Sengun was tightly wrapped up.

Likely would have needed someone named Malcolm Brogdon.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen, I have bequeathed upon you the [Nail polish of Greater Strength +1]
    May you use it wisely.

justinh, jbond77, Yinka Dare and 2 others like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If ime in 10 games alone can make Green look better on defense, I'm confident he can make Green reach his potential. And dumba$$es on here say coaching doesn't matte. If we had ime or someone of his caliber instead of silas Green would b much further along

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he needs to improve his ball security and finishing at the rim in the halfcourt in a major way…he also needs to develop any sort of midrange game because it’s basically nonexistent right now

his best attribute right now is his ability to draw fouls and get to the line

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tiny hands don't help.

DD

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lmao

fattz and JayGoogle like this.
  12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Jalen cares more about the Hollywood fame than being a killer on the court

13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

My feelings as well. He’s getting by on elite athleticism, but his handle isn’t tight and doesn’t have many moves in his bag outside of trying to cross over and blow by. Once he gets by his defender, his finishing is suspect and he often opts for the highlight finish instead of trying a more controlled approach.

He could’ve had a couple buckets or opportunities in the last 5 minutes but he turned the ball over or made it harder than it had to be.

ramotadab, fattz and Roomba like this.
  14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'd rather FVV miss a 3 than Jalen turning the ball over.

PeterKingX, ramotadab, Denovo and 4 others like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Team played hard, should have won a tough game that was clearly 8 on 5 and we are 6-4 through what we thought was an actual hell schedule where we'd be lucky to win 2-3 games and we are 6-4 through 10 which I don't think even the most optimistic of us had.

Yeah Green made some mistakes, didn't have his best nights, it happens though.

He'll have better nights and hopefully he will finish better but I'm pretty sure Cam would look 5x worse than Jalen Green right now.

#15 JayGoogle, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As said before, it depends if you want to develop Jalen during crunch time or not.

FVV is already a finished product. Depends what Ime wants..

They could make a trade for Brogdon or someone who is a veteran 2-3.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a spanking.

18. Dredd

Dredd Member

I wish Jalen would gain another 20 pounds.

Ancient Moabite, bmelo and bluffkin like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Being benched for a universally respected vet - who's legitimately playing outstanding

Is not in the same universe as being benched for a rookie who doesn't look ready

As Jalen's "shiny new toy" status wears off OP turns his attention to the new shiny toy.

20. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Valid, I'm going to stop my Jalen bashing for tonights game now. I got it out of my system.

It's a long season and Ime has helped Jalen improve his defense a ton in 10 games. Jalen was good on defense tonight that is a fact.

Let's see how Jalen's offense will be 10-15 games from now. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned though