1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Tired of people disrespecting Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haiti1804, Apr 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

The guy is a first year starter avg. 20pts a game on 43%shooting from the field and 39%shooting from three,he's fearless,clutch, and DOMINATES many a so called "elite" point guard's,but yet constantly all i hear on the garm is how he can't do this or that or needs to get traded. Wake Up people! Brooks is an elite point guard already and is getting better and better with each passing game.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Brooks is not an Elite Point Guard.

I still like him though.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

agreed, it is getting quite old. None of them show up to offer props, but are waiting in line to hate when he doesn't do well.

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

What do you expect from a first year starter?? perfection?

5. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I personally think AB is a good point guard. He's still young, developing, and he will be even better. He just needs time. But until he stops getting owned by Derek Rose, he'll still get hate around here...

6. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Same, he is obviously very talented with a lot more potential.

He might shoot too much at times though

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Who is saying trade the guy, all some of us are saying is keep your options open.

Brooks is not elite but is dam good and which game did he dominate an ELITE PG besides Williams who was coming off a 42 and 10 game the night before?

8. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

what does he have to do to be an elite point guard in your eyes?? he just finished serving the likes of rondo and deron williams in your face,and i seen him take it to paul, billups and all those "elite" jokers,do you get it?!he's doing this in his first year as a starter Reeko

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no but Yao Ming is an elite center in their eyes. Tracy Mcgrady was an elite SG. Bob Sura was the greatest PG ever. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

11. REEKO_HTOWN

An Elite Point Guard is a player that controls the tempo and commands the offense.

He makes the players around him better. He's the floor general. He passes with precision and guards with tenacity.

Your "Serving" statement is all Brooks Shooting the ball.

Brooks is a short Shooting guard. A really good one though.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Shouldn't an elite point guard have better than a 1.87 assist to turnover ratio?

13. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

ever heard of that sticks and stones phrase?

apply it.. ppl talk, so what, wat are u gona do? beat someone up lol

14. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

He's a first year starter playing with the likes of Ariza,battier and Hayes, in the starting line-up for huge stretches of the season what do you expect him to do but shoot. he averages 5 assists a game,now and his court vision and command of the game now is far better then early in the season, remember he's A FIRST YEAR StARTER! What was Deron Williams stats in his first year??

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yeah, see!! You're not correctly using Reeko's definition of an elite point guard.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

he said Elite.

Elite means HOF potential to me.

The likes Of Steve Nash (maybe not the defense), Jason Kidd, Chris Paul

I thought thats what Elite means or are we just throwing that word around like nothing now a days?

Oh, And Deron Williams is the same age as AB. That says a lot.

17. plates300

plates300 Member

people are always going to look for a scapegoat, whether it be brooks or ariza. He's still got a lot of work to do but if you're expecting him to be a Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, or Deron Williams, you're going to be disappointed. I'm not saying he can't be but those guys were lotto picks for a reason.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

A lot of people here treat Aaron Brooks like he plays for the Jazz. That is inexcusable, IMO.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

AB is one bad motherf****r!!! I hope the rox hang on to him b/c he is a cold-blooded, lethal, FAST, smart, 3-ball dropping, dime-dropping, circus shot making, amazing player.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

This. Brooks is not our PG of the future. Unless we get a SG who can handle the ball, we need a point guard upgrade (or at least let Lowry run the point).

We'll be 'stuck' with Martin for a while. We all know that Martin doesn't pass well for a SG, so running Brooks at point won't work well.