1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm ****ing Sick of Rand Paul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da_juice, Jan 17, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Republicans are in a real bad spot right now....

If they support the President they take a huge chance of not getting re-elected...

If they don't support the president they take a huge chance of not getting re-elected...

Damned if you do... Damned if you don't...

T_Man

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In that case, one would hope they would then choose to go with the principled stance. But we know that won't happen.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been following Amash on Facebook and it is sad to see how much hate he is getting from a lot of people who claim to have supported him.

I don't agree with Amash on many things but he is the one politician in DC that I respect.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will say this without any hyperbole. If all illegal immigration were stopped and current illegals deported the economy of Texas and many other states would collapse. As someone who works in construction I know the amount of illegal labor in that fields is very significant. A year and a half ago I had a project delayed and the price go up when there was a sudden shortage of drywallers. According to the GC this was because immigration policy had scared off many and in his words many drywallers are "Latinos"

It's not just construction. US agriculture couldn't survive and businesses like meat packing are heavily dependent on immigrant labor. For those who argue that illegal immigrants are a drain on healthcare it wouldn't surprise me if in a place like Houston many of the orderlies, custodians, food prep in hospitals were illegal immigrants.

The native born US population is in decline even as our economy continues to grow. If we want to maintain our economy we need more immigrants. This is why we even have this issue. Immigrants aren't coming here to steal jobs. They are coming here because companies want to hire them. We simply don't have enough native born US citizens to take or are willing to take on all the jobs as drywallers, fruit pickers, and meat packers. This is a matter of supply and demand, not a plot to undermine Western Civilization.

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also, two economists who won the Nobel Prize in economics using actual math and data debunked a major talking point from the GOP narrative in regard to illegal immigration regarding jobs.

They found out that the vast majority of companies who used illegal labor in the US would not even attempt most construction projects if they had to pay American wages to legal residents. In other words, jobs weren't replaced by illegal immigrants as those jobs wouldn't even exist as these companies wouldn't even attempt the project paying legal wages.

Which actually means in the long run illegal immigrants created more jobs for legal residents in the US because that means far more projects were green lit because of illegal labor.

jiggyfly likes this.