1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm convinced...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JumpMan, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

of course everyone know that. what i'm saying is that, why still argue which person this team needs more, yao or tmac? what i meant by "others" is that our individual role players aren't consistant enough to earn names. they're interchangable, but the big two arn't. of course we need our role players to score, but without those two on court at the same time, we're a mediocre team.

#21 Kyakko, Jan 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  2. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

I'm convinced that a player getting injured doesn't mean a trade was a mistake when it was made, and that a trade can't be judged until the end of the season at the earliest.
    I'm convinced that we couldn't have got anything any better for the pittance we spent on DA.
    I'm convinced that Stro has averaged 12,9, and 1 the last 5 games.
    I'm convinced that there are gonna be a whole lotta people claiming they saved their seat on the bandwagon when they show up come playoff time.

3. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

But if we don't have our superstars, then the other team can swarm the supporting cast and shut them down. The two are codependent.

4. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The thread starter said we need both of our stars and either one of them alone can't get the job done. Who don't agree with this? Then you felt the need turn this into a debate about which of them alone has done less worse and lost less games. Pathetic. We are 12-19 now but 9-5 when we had both of them. This team needs both of them. It is as simple as that.

5. terse

terse Member

Also, when T-Mac was out, Yao had to carry the team without much help from the 3. We went 0-8 but we were in practically every game, despite the strength of the opposition.

In the analogous situation, when Yao and Deke were both out, T-Mac had to carry the team without much help from the 5; we were blown out twice.

Clearly, T-Mac - Yao + Mutombo = Yao - T-Mac + X, where X is an aging former allstar 3. During the 0-8 run, can you imagine what would have happened instead if we had, say, Bruce Bowen or Latrell Sprewell? We might have won all the games!

6. dream2franchise

I'm convinced that, like everybody else, we need our squard HEALTHY to make judgement of our team...

I'm convinced that we will win out in the Alston trade come seasons end...

I'm convinced Ryan Bowen should not be in the NBA...

I'm convinced that JVG is not the right coach to utilize the awesome offensive talents of Ming and McGrady-but that he is still a great coach, a rare coach would step in a boxing ring with Shaq if it meant getting us a win, and i like him as our coach...

I'm convinced that Swift will not be the player we all hoped he could be, but he can be a very valuable part of our second unit who will improve more and more...

I'm convinced that CD needs to spend more in the future to get us the talent to win, as long as the money being spent is for a sure thing...

i believe....

I believe Yao is the s**t, a loyal, skilled, tough player who doesn't even get the love from some fans here on this site-if they wear Rockets red i'm down with them till the end. I've never hated any rocket or ex-rocket...

I believe this team can win the ring, yes this team-healthy will make the playoffs and make some loud muthaf**kin noise, and surpise the s**t out of everyone, just like '95...

I believe CD will screw up our draft pick if we get into the lottery...

7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm convinced that we need Lil John Lucas III.

I'm convinced we will make the playoffs

I'm convinced that Moochie's contract WILL NOT be re-newed

8. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

I was responding to the person who posted above me, not the thread starter.

Derek Anderson played the 3 when Mac was out. Derek Anderson at the 3 in 2005/06 is at worse = Deke as a starting center in 2005/06.

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

i'm convinced it's a marathon not a sprint.

10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Who? You mean arkoe? What has he said to make you feel the need to stir up a debate on whether Tmac or Yao alone has done less worse and lost less games this season?

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I am conviced that Les needs to spend some money and bring in some real talent!!!!

12. terse

terse Member

DA as a backup for T-Mac is not even close to Deke as a backup for Yao.

We saw last season that when Deke was giving Yao a rest, we rarely lost ground and in fact sometimes padded our lead.

In contrast, in the first three games of this season's dismal 0-8 McGrady-less run, Anderson shot a combined 12-38, or 0.315. We lost the 3 games by an average of 4 points; we would have won them if DA had been even mediocre.

So no, we do not have anywhere nearly as good a backup for T-Mac as we do for Yao.

And before anyone mentions that Barry and Alston were there to give Yao a lot of help but were injured when McGrady had to carry the team, here is the reality. Rafer was down for 5 of the games during the 0-8 run. And Barry made only 6 baskets over the same eight games. Not much help for Yao.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im convinced that Yao is a great player
    Im convinced that the rockets will make the playoffs

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

IT'S NOT OVER!

16. Panda

Panda Member

Agreed, T-Mac is 1A and Yao 1B.

I'm convinced we need good and young defenders who can drain open shots, beat pick and rolls, glue their hands on opponents face and stop guard penetration. With Yao and Deke securing the inside, we often get pillaged from the outside, be it the outside shooting or penetration. When the inside and outside are both secured, teams will be at the mercy of our ...hm... inconsistent offense. We need speed and shooting from the guards.

I'm convinced Ryan Bowen is useless most of the time because he doesn't stop guard penetration, drain shots,rebound and assist. He chips in some garbage points, grabs some loose balls and that's about it. His deficiencies outweigh his specialty. He wins you one game and help you lose the other three.