1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] Rockets trade options and Melo tidbits

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 21, 2019.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you don't think that green can do any good, you are mental.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would love James Johnson. And Garrett Temple and Jaymichal Green are exactly the kind of hustle players we need to put around our MVP. None of these guys are all-stars but I feel like with Harden, Capela, CP3 and Gordon (finally looking like himself) we can get by with some great defensive hustle guys who play smart and don't make a lot of mistakes around them. Especially with Harden looking like the GOAT.

That said, my sources say that MCW is still in the Rockets plans. (I don't really have any sources and I totally just made that up. Don't @ me.)

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Looks like Kelly's been on ClutchFans.net :eek:

Cdub37, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not as familiar with Jamychal, have not focused on his game. For the little I remember he is more 4/5 than 3/4.

How is his perimeter D?

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Memphis isn't going to make the playoffs. JaMychal Green is expiring. Rockets could move Nene+Chriss+2020 2nd round pick for Green. Memphis reduces salary a bit and gets an asset for Green before he heads into FA. Green then is your stretch 4/5 behind Tucker.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Morey was lucky to have Rivers and Faried falling on his lap.
    How he resolves the House problem remains to be seen. It was a great find, but it got messy.

Corrosion and steddinotayto like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He's a more long, athletic and wirey pj Tucker that can defend 2-5

BaselineFade, carib and hakeem94 like this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Nothing against the athletic, I think they have a great bevy of talent and a great collection of minds.

I just think the model of downloaded the app to get content is a bad model that restricts traffic.

I'm not downloading an app to read articles, to then get even more push notifications.

I appreciate the work tho.

Corrosion, amaru, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ellington and James Johnson would be a dream come true.

ReturnOfTheMac and joshuaao like this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They offer the "read for free" on the App to push App downloads. I don't have their App. But I have subscribed to The Athletic. But not just to read Rockets articles. The value add of the site is the broad reach for every NBA team and their boots on the ground in each city. I find it good stuff.

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You don’t have to download the app

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yep, discussing stuff with Cod. I'm just kidding. Kelly is doing a great job for the Rocket nation. Cod too.

D-rock likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

For a Miami deal, couldn't trading James for Brandon be a long term savings move for Miami? It's like 2 more years vs 1 more year. They can throw in Ellington as well while we jettison Melo and Chriss plus maybe an SRP. They can have Chriss go to some other team.

Man we would have incredible depth if we could get Johnson and Ellington. Don't know if Tilman will approve though since you would be adding more to the luxury bill.

joshuaao likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Murray doesn’t make miscues . . . he jabs and steps

Easy, Rocket River and Killatron 2000 like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Looking back at their record, I don't think Miami would entertain this deal. They are still in the playoff race and they have always been content being mediocre rather than tank for a high pick. Melo doesn't bring back enough depth.

saleem likes this.
  16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Money always rights his wrongs.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Murray out-GMs Chuck Norris

18. Nook

Nook Member

Let's see if Morey can pull of a substantive deal for a player that helps the Rockets at the 3-5 without including draft picks. He has been trying to do it for months without success.

I wonder if the Rockets would do a deal sending Knight and a draft pick to Miami for James Johnson. The Rockets and Heat couldn't come to an agreement months ago. Also, James Johnson hasn't been the same player this year. He has lost some athleticism.

D-rock likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Morey can get either Wayne Ellington or Rodney Hood for Chriss, Melo and another minor piece to match salary, it’s a huge win for the Rockets.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind Jamychal. He has been playing well generally, although he failed as a starter against Ibaka and Siakim recently. I would prefer Vonleh but he doesn't seem to be a target.
    He gave a tough time to Giannis in the paint. James Johnson is struggling which might make him available, but his 0 and 6 performance against the Bucks made me change my mind.

Garrett Temple would be useful. I would like to see House back, or to acquire T. Prince.

I like Dedmon too, but he and Prince will be hard to obtain. Ideally, I would like Prince, House and Vonleh.

Ennis, Melo, and Nunnally need to be
    replaced. Hartenstein can be retained, but I'm not opposed to him being traded and of course M. Chriss too.

I'm in agreement with not giving up a 1st rounder with Knight for James Johnson anymore or for KCP.

Multiple first rounders will probably be asked for Knight. That would be beyond awful.

D-rock likes this.