1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IHOb

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember how Dave Thomas was in those old Wendy's commercials. Wendy also looks so kind in the advertisements. But DAMN that Wendy's Twitter account is savage. lol.

And Manny, if you live in Tennessee, go find a mom & pop place for burgers and fried chicken. You can do better than these chains!

2. likestohypeguy

marks0223 said there’s still both menus... maybe cakeburger.

marks0223 likes this.
  3. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've been following this guy's food reviews for years and, ahem. Just watch & see.

A_3PO and marks0223 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

You really should not have led off with that.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m a virgin when it comes to life. Indulge me with an explanation as to why?

joking

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well after looking forward all day to going to "ihob", I get there and no one is there to greet me or to show me to a seat. It wasn't like they were crowded; there might have been 5 people in the place (counting employees). The sad thing is there were 2 other people waiting - I was disgusted by this and left to go to Red Robin across the street.

DoD - I hear ya about the mom & pop store for burgers - haven't found it yet but I have found ones for pizza and philly cheese steaks.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Always been a loyal IHOP guy, but they are making me want to see what this Grand Slam noise is about at Denny's.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. theimpossibles1

First I was like International House Of Breakfast.

Makes sense. Pancakes are like the lowest form of food. And your competition is Denny's and I guess Waffle House...

But International House Of Burgers? You are so dumb. Now your competition is everyone. They will stay successful tho just cuz there are so few 24hr options.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's a promotion. They aren't really changing the name.

TheMystery008 likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

So they had "International" pancakes before, but NOW they have "international" burgers.

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Not related to him, but can a nihilist have an existential crisis?

Nook likes this.
  12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

that big brunch burger almost gave me a heart attack from simply watching someone eat it.

13. Asian Sensation

A big man loving an overly greasy burger topped with more greasy fried-only toppings. I’m shocked!

I think egg on a burger is overrated. No lettuce no tomato no onion no deal.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I forgot IHOP existed on this Earth until this marketing blitz. So I reckon they did their job, and as a sideeffect every one of their competitors also benefitted by going viral on social media for making fun of them lol.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Best burger in town is at FM Bar & Grill. Trust me. Also only $6.

16. Asian Sensation

I’ll make sure to keep that in mind the next time I come to Houston for the first time. Maybe next year for a game.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.