1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ignore ESPN, read SI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

You keep acting like I'm saying that Westbrook will be some scrub when I've already told u that I'm not. His game won't age as gracefully as Harden's or Curry's...that doesn't mean that he'll turn into some useless bench level scrub.

Harden's smarter play translates better to winning so Westbrook can have his killer instinct. Let me know when Westbrook can carry a team to the 2nd seed and WCF like Harden did in 2015 or the 3rd best record in the NBA like Harden is doing now with no other star around him. If Westbrook was willing to change his game then maybe KD would still be in OKC.

DonKnock and Ramo$e like this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The thread was not suppose to compare the merits of WB v Harden but rather SI v ESPN. Oh well...

DonKnock, BigMaloe and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody has to carry a team to the 2nd round alone if the teambuilding is successful.

Harden obviously has teammates that are perfoming better than OKC role players.

This year is not about the playoffs or going far for WB. He should select a team that has allstars and a good spot for him. He should look out and plan for his future.

Sure. I do not mind both. As long as they report sports I will follow both and more media.

I can mute all unfair criticism and block it.

I mean you get a lot of different opinions going on a message board, you learn to deal with it.

Sport Illustrated could be a nice alternate option.

#43 daywalker02, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Ramo$e likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't you been on clutch fans long enough to see this happen?

Killatron 2000, DonKnock and Ramo$e like this.
  5. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It is all a matter of perspective. I guess not. All I know is one thing and one thing for sure. Harden is better than Westbrook, and he's on the Houston Rockets. Why couldnt Westbrook do all this when he had two of the best with him in OKC? Harden came off the bench so its not like he was taking shots away from Russ. Durants a top player, awesome scorer, so its not like he couldnt finish Russ's passes. If Russ wasnt manufacturing rebounds he would probably have averaged a double-double easy and still lead in scoring but still trailing Harden in the assist column because to my knowledge he still leads the league in assist.

I never said Westbrook is garbage. Hes just not better than Harden, or shall we say more valuable than Harden. Winter (playoffs) is coming. Yulce...

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I agree. Jordan had killer instinct but he played smart. Russ not so much. Derrick Rose played hard with all out abandon too, and what happen to that former MVP?? He broke down. I dont know though, it is always case by case because they are not the same person but history is not on his side. Love his effort, but if it dont = wins it dont make sense.

#46 Ramo$e, Apr 4, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

So if you are not sure then that means you are leaving open the possbility that you want westbrook injured.

I am sure that i dont want him injured

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What does that even mean? You are projecting. Why do you try to be funny and twist it to be negative, every word, every syntax and semantics?

What is in it for me if he gets injured? You could say I was saying nice things about WB all day.

This is not coming from me. You folks try to derail this thread and make it not about the topic at hand.

This was about SI and ESPN. Try to stay on point or at least highlight segments that are important.

That argument came up alot. WB did indeed play inconsistently but so did Harden in the Finals.

They were young bucks then (no pun) and now they are more mature.

I agree that WB should evolve more.

#48 daywalker02, Apr 4, 2017
  9. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Espn is as corrupt as CNN. No wonder they are both feeling the hurt a bit.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Maybe I am the only one here who goes against the grain and think WB can still be a very good player when he gets older. Aging well does not mean he has to as Harden.

Harden does not have WB's drive or killer instinct every god damn game. You cannot measure that.

Harden has the tendency to coast on one side of basketball. This year he tries but who is to say he is trying every year?

And when he is not feeling it or has a sprained wrist, he chucks up 3s and makes lazy passes.

You are right that WB does not play for his contract alone, he plays for honor and for making history.[/QUOTE]

Being efficient is a pretty big deal

And harden coasts on d forsure but don't confuse yourself and think Russ does not do the same thing.

He's not great on that end most of the time. He rarely closes out on shooters and is terrible one of the worst in the league in playing help defense.

And you bringing up harden playing poorly with a injured wrist on his shooing hand as a negative for poor shooting??? Well duh I think even the greatest shooter ever in curry would struggle big time with a sprained shooting wrist.

Russ is a good player and MVP level player. But he's not better than harden now and he won't be better in his 30s.

No way that guy ages as well as curry and harden. He's just not as skilled.

He is still skilled just not as skilled as harden and curry and that's never going to change.

DonKnock and daywalker02 like this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

GSW and OKC fans starting threads like "Ignore SI, read ESPN."

DonKnock likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Every guy and homer says he is better what does that mean? I guess he is more versatile, overall more superior in stats.

That I can work with. Specifics. How much better?

In Win shares how many games can Harden win more than Westbrook? And in the postseason?

Without Dwight Howard I do not think Harden made the second round even. This could be his first time without Dwight on the team.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They both suck.
    TNT > ESPN
    TNT > SI

14. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Michael Shapiro is one of my best friends! I'll let him know ClutchFans supports him

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Allen Iversion didn't play a full season after he was 32 TF are you talking about wth this revisionist history?

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Westbrook had one of the best scorers in the history of the game for years on his team...

Who exactly could he team up with that would be better than prime Durant:rolleyes:

BigMaloe and Killatron 2000 like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

WHAT THE FUCC ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!

Russell Westbrook will get max no matter what.

Russell Westbrook had YEARS to adjust his game to Durant, he didn't!! He ran Durant out of town and is now living out his dream of replicating Kobe.

BigMaloe, Killatron 2000 and Ramo$e like this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

o_O Do you not understand how those injuries are from high usage rates..

The same usage rates that Westbrook is currently blowing out of the water...

o_O

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You seem to have virtually no idea what you're talking about other than "Westbrook tries really hard so he must be better"

Did you ever play organized basketball?

Hell, did you ever play ANY organized sport?:confused:

20. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

James Harden turned himself into a black John Stockton. Artesia High School.

Ramo$e and DonKnock like this.