1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy to the Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Yordan, Feb 5, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I don't care about Iggy.
    Old, hasn't played in a long while , looked washed up at the end of last season.

But if they get Gallinari too...NOW this is trouble.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Both the Gallo and Iggy extensions are structured in a way that gives them maximum flexibility to make a run at Giannis and others next summer though. Cp3 wouldn't let them do that.

3. malakas

malakas Member

There is no Gallinari extension agreed upon yet.

4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Sorry got a bit ahead of myself there. But without a doubt if that trade goes through the extension will allow them to have max flexibility for 2021. That might be the last thing they're working out to make this official.

malakas likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

what kind of trouble? Better than the Bucks?

Gallinari is obviously better than Duncan Robinson... but Duncan has been a better 3 point shooter (best in the league?) at a similar position.

I see it as supreme depth. Iggy is old but still plays the right way. It all fits together well.

still not sold it’s better than the Bucks or Lakers or Clippers... who all have at least one player better than the Heats best if not two.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

At the time I made this post Gallo wasn't even mentioned in the trade.

The flex thing is good though, I still don't think the Heat make it out of the 2nd round, just not enough star power.

7. malakas

malakas Member

If they get both, and especially if Iggy at least gets into some form in the playoffs, they are a serious contender now.
    Out of all these other contenders, they would be the best coached, and the team with the best effort.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pat Riley
    OG GM

J.R. likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I can honestly see Riley stacking his chips to trade (or I guess S&T) for Giannis in 2021.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

$30 million ... Iggy is going to be older than Vince Carter in a couple years.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#71 J.R., Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

dam jae crowder fits pretty well in how that miami team is built. they're super deep. maybe even too. buyouts??

maybe not. their rotation is primarily small ball just like the rockets

13. steddinotayto

Miami's capspace just looked really good for this summer if they want to be players. If not, they are looking REAL good for 2021 aka Summer of Giannis.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Riley moving pieces left and right. Morey struggles at that **** when we really need him to shine. It's even harder now with our dimwit, cheap owner. Just goes to show you that sometimes it's also about relationships. That's why Jerry West is also always pulling **** off.

Morey just let people know, here is an iPad, look at all the pretty numbers and how awesome you can be.

Morey is good, I mean he has gotten players to come here, but man, not at the level that Riley and West are able to move earth and water.

J.R. likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shouldn't be for the Bucks.....

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. steddinotayto

Apples and oranges. Riley is a Hall of Fame coach. West is a Hall of Fame player and executive. Building relationships with players, their agents, etc is a lot easier when you can flash them rings and tell them what they are able to do for you (or your client) because they've been there. Morey don't have that player history cache and it's not as if he's been employed by an owner like Mark Cuban or Mickey Arison. Morey has his faults for sure but you really can't compare him to Riley and West. If anything compare him to the Ujiri and Presti's of the world. Riley, West and maybe Ainge are in a space all to themselves.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. steddinotayto

Two things of note here:

1. Memphis will definitely make the playoffs now
    2. Miami, if my off-the-top-of-my-head calculations are correct, can have space for two max players over the next two summers

malakas likes this.
  19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Miami has
    Bam/Gallo/Iggy/Jimmy B/Nunn/Dragic/Herro/Crowder.

I think the losses against the elite teams propelled them to these deals. They got playmakers all over the floor, now with defense.

Most of all, they have cap space to chase another star.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

^ No Gallinari

clos4life likes this.