1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If You Could Bring Back One Musician in Their Prime From the Dead, who Would it be?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Obito, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agree with Tupac

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I would be interested in seeing where Stevie Ray was headed.

GIGO likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Easily hendrix for me.

After that ian curtis and john lennon.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Those Pac and Biggie picks are always dangerous, they probably would've produced 1-2 more good albums and then gone the Cube/Snoop path of cringy movies and pop music.

Or you would've seen Biggie dead two years later with cardiac arrest.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

this isn't a popular pick, but amy winehouse was very talented. would have liked to see where her career would be today.

also bradley nowell would have taken sublime to at least 2 more legendary albums. not sure how he would have adapted in the 2000s, the band would probably disband way before.

leroy and daywalker02 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

David Bowie for now. And Prince while we are at it.

Jim Morrison, Hendrix, Cobain, Joplin, Shakur, Winehouse, Aaliyah, Notorious

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'd take Beethoven all the way in that competition. He was instrumental in making the modern piano what it is and also humiliated other pianists who tried to take him on. There was guy who had a great reputation from Italy who played first. After much acclaim, he sat down but not before Ludwig took his music, turned it upside down, and went on a huge riff that both made fun of the guy's playing and exhibited his own virtuosity. The Italian snuck out the back door and never came to Vienna again.

Ludwig, Chopin, and Liszt would be a much more entertaining battle. I'd still take Beethoven.

Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

i forgot about aaliyah. but she probably would have switched full time to acting soon after had she not died.

#28 Jontro, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Easily Jimi for me. I was lucky enough to see him more than once and yes, he was far from hitting his prime, in my opinion. Known by most as a rock guitarist, the best while he lived, Jimi was heading deeper into the blues, and I think jazz was also in his future. There are many more we've lost that still had so much to give. Musicians, singers, actors, good friends, close relatives. They all gave our lives more meaning while they lived, and memories that will never leave us.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Would not bring him back instantly but RIP too young.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That would probably be the GOAT piano battle, really not sure who'd win. All three of them with some of the most complex piano pieces, historical rep and far ahead of their time.
    Too bad audio recording wasn't possible back in those times. :(

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the difference is that buddy wrote most of his songs and recorded and produced himself. even as a teenager he controlled his career. he was merging all these different musical styles - rock n roll, R&B, gospel, country, blues, tex-mex. he was a true innovator. he was the one other musicians were following and trying to keep up with. who knows where he would have gone with his music, but i dont see someone as creative as him resting on their past laurels.

elvis never wrote s*** and was basically ripping off black musicians and making it palatable for white kids.

jerry lee didnt write the vast majority of his songs either.

neither of those dudes were in control of what they were doing to the degree that buddy was.

#32 jo mama, Nov 24, 2017
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

As much as I love Brian Johnson, I'd be really interested to see how AC/DC would have gone with Bon Scott.

That, or Vanilli. From Milly, et. al.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Pretty surprised no one has said Whitney Houston.

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

Whitney's last 20 years were pretty lame.

Yung-T and Obito like this.
  16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

MJ, prince, freddie, george michael, and whitney did not die young so we probably got their best already. neither did the jimi i'm a fan of (jamison). so i'd take tupac. another would be steve clark.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Prince......Even if it is just to play the Superbowl again.:(

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

This +
    Elvis
    Selena

#39 Exiled, Nov 24, 2017
  20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

He might have well created "funk" music with the short lived Band of Gypsies, 3 brothers playing riffy grooves with a nasty pocket.