1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Aug 24, 2017.

?

If we strike out on Carmelo Anthony, is keeping Ryan Anderson really THAT bad???

1. No, Ryan is about to show the world he's on J.R. Smith's level.

72.1%
  2. Yes, I've seen enough. I have grown to HATE Ryan Anderson.

27.9%
  1. Nivos

Nivos Member

I'll confess. I love Anderson and what he brings to the team. He's perfect for the system, especially with Paul around.
    The Playoff losses to SA was on Harden, not him. He actually did a desent job trying to guard Aldrige who abused us in the past few years.
    I'll be more than happy to keep him around.

kubli9, RudyTBag and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. miamirocketman

I really dont think Ryan Anderson's contract is that bad with the way deals are starting to unfold. $20M/year is a ton of money, but when max deals are in the $40M range, Ryan Anderson doesn't have that bad of a deal. Carmelo is a very good player, but im not so sure how well he would be at 33 years old. CP3, I really can't see him leaving all that extra money on the table to go and team up with Lebron in LA next summer. I just dont see it. Harden is entering his prime, CP3 has a ton of extra money as an incentive to stay, and we have D'antoni here. I think we're gonna be a destination team for a long time. I know the majority of the board hates ryno, this is my first post I've been lurking for years, but Ryno should have an incredible amount of open looks this year with CP3 and Harden handling the ball and drawing double teams. He's a perfect player to have with those guys.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd love for us to keep Ryan Anderson.

4. Moahst

Moahst Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ryan Anderson provides LEAGUE BEST spacing at power forward. He's the perfect fit in D'Antoni's offense and even if his shot isn't falling he's still pulling one of the other team's big men out to the three point line and beyond. Melo is an upgrade, but not by much. I'm very content keeping Anderson.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I'm cool with keeping Anderson, harden and Paul already will have to share the ball.

Will maybe make things a little more difficult with melo.

I want to see how things start off with Anderson honestly first

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

league best spacing but can't hit a shot at TC to save his life, can't rebound, can't defend, can't create for others, can't get his own shot, etc

I'd much rather have Melo who is also an elite spot up shooter but can do things off the bounce and create for himself and others...I also think that Melo is the better rebounder and defender

Melo would be a pretty big upgrade over him...3rd option/Olympic Melo at the PF position>>Ryno

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ryan is one of the best on the team at hitting the 3pt shot. We need guys who can bring a threat outside the arc, and open it up inside.

8. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Keeping Anderson isn't a bad thing at all - you figure he can't shoot any worse at home than he did last year. I'm more than happy to roll into the season with the team we have now, if it comes down to that.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you.

I would be just as interested to see us with Ryno as I would to see us with Melo this year.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson, while obviously overpaid, is fine in the regular season. He plays an important role on this team and plays it well.

However, his impact is clearly diminished in the playoffs. An upgrade at starting PF is probably needed if we want to challenge Golden State.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Keeping Ryno gives us flexibility for a LeBron S&T next year

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It depends how bitter he is towards the Rockets.

13. StrawberryJamm

He will help us win alot of regular season games and then become 20 million dollars of unplayable cap space against GS. Worrying about your own game vs concentrating entirely on beating the Warriors is a good debate. Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Love will play a big role in helping the Cavaliers get to the finals and then become a big reason that they have no chance of winning.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

The same flexibility we're having right now with a Melo trade?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

To an extent, yes.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

God help us then :)

17. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Ryan Anderson is trash I dunno why there is a debate

His only strength is shooting threes and he can't even do that when it counts. Shrinks under pressure and shoots poorly at Toyota Center.

Why Les and Morey gave him that contract is beyond me. We could have signed someone like Mo Speights or Ersan Illyasova for fraction of the price

18. alethios

alethios Member

Again with that ****. It's not true for the foreseeable future but if you're projecting out to 2027, then there might be a chance.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mavs don't have **** but an unproven rookie who wasn't a top 5 pick.