1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we don't get Webber, how'bout this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sailor, May 30, 2001.

1. sailor

sailor Member

If we can't get Webber (FYI: I am not that impressed with him to begin with), the last thing I want to see is Houston pulling off another Snottie Pimpin deal. Remember, Houston initially wanted McDyess, but he signed with Denver, so Houston was in a panic mode, not knowing what to do with their money, so they signed Snottie (I guess I simplified the situation a bit). But anyway, my point is, if we can't get Webber, then maybe we should think about next year instead of throwing the money away on some overpriced free agents.

How about this scenario: if Dream goes somewhere else (I hope he stays), then we sign David Robinson, or do a sign-and-trade with SA to swap Robinson and Cato. I am not a big Robinson fan and I hate his softness (his favorite movie is "Little Mermaid"!), but I think he can still play. Besides, Tim Duncan will be a FA next year, we can use David as a bait to lure him. Besides, if we keep Mo Taylor, the front court of David Robinson and Mo T is not all that bad at all. If we can pick up a decent SF in the draft somehow, or get Robert Horry, we can become a playoff team almost instantly.

Sailor

------------------
    If Dream was a horse ... he would not be pulling your bandwagon anymore.

2. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I dont want softy playing on our team.

------------------
    "We make more, but we spend more."
    Patrick Ewing

3. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Ah hem...his favorite movie is the Lion King thank you very much.

------------------
    Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock...

4. Hydra

Hydra Member

I would rather try to get Mutombo than the Rear Admiral.

------------------
    Liberals favor using artificial means to alter the normal to a state which facilitates and justifies how irresponsible they want to be

5. raww

raww Member

I don't know... Robinson plays better D that Cato. (Or at least he attempts to play) I just don't see David (Mufasa) Robinson here.

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.

6. Live

Live Member

IMO, if the Rocks can't sign their #1 option, I would rather that they hold on to the caproom instead of signing someone else. At least with the caproom the Rocks would have some flexibility in making trades or other deals.

------------------