1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If season ends in this round, what will Jimmy do?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gogispade, May 1, 2019.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

First of all, I dont want to be the pessimistic type of Clutchfans poster, but I wonder what will James do if season ends in this round? (I hope its not over but we all know... 4 straight wins or game 7 in Oracle). Yes, hes under contract till 2021-22, but the roster with CP3 getting all that money is not that much flexible?
    Will Harden be sick of no playoff success, will he demand a better supporting cast, demand to trade CP, force himself out of Houston... or just keep on wasting his prime?

What are your opinions on this?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’ll be back in the lab working on getting better as usual

3. BigBum

BigBum Member

Is there a chance to trade Paul/2 Firsts for LeBron via the 3rd team?

4. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

Don’t worry KD will be gone this season so it’s best to run it back

jcmoon, Sajan, SC1211 and 6 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, this can’t be a serious question...

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Probably just come back better next year. Window is almost shut on this team though, even if the Warriors lose key players in the off-season. There is not one player on the Rockets besides Harden that you can hope will be an all star next year. We are seriously lacking talent to start building for the next team.

A lot of other teams that have been constantly improving have really nice young pieces on their team that will keep them interesting. The Rockets do not.

It's a bummer, but it was the reality of keeping Paul. I was cool with it, but sadly we are not going to be contenders in the next few years with Chris continuing to trend down and only Gordon and Capela being our good trade pieces.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

We signed Paul gambling we would get another 2 years of Paul like he was the first year with us. Then a couple of years of paul athletically declining but an overall game that should age well (save for defense). But we didn't get that. We got a Paul that fell off a cliff from last year to this. Who knows. Maybe he simply had a bad year and will come back and play better next year. But it could be a case of the mind is willing but the body can't do it.

I don't know what the future brings. If KD leaves and IGGY continues to age then maybe Golden state becomes mortal and the West opens up and we have as legit a chance as any others. Or maybe we are passed up by the portlands and denvers with these dynamic young centers.

Either way I am getting bored with the NBA. It is just about who comes in second now with all these wippywops running to the warriors so they can get their ring. How diluted that ring is when you just ride some coat tails.

smp and MD_in_Training like this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Jazz like Paul.

Sign and trade
    Lakers land Rubio/Favors/2 Firsts from Rockets and a First from Jazz.
    Rockets land LeBron
    Jazz land Paul

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Considering how Capela has played, I'm increasingly of the mind that the Rockets should definitely look to trade him if they don't win the championship this year. He's probably the best trade option they have and the Rockets need another impact guy to help out Harden since Paul isn't really a secondary scorer anymore. Capela has come a long way but he didn't take any real steps forward this year and the Rockets can't afford to burn another season in the hope that he develops a hook shot or something.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gordon for lebron

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I know you may be excited about this, but there are 5 freaking boring off season months to talk about this. Let's focus on the unfinished business first.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

You left out the part where if Rockets get Lebron, you can say "bye bye" to Morey and D'Antoni.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only answer is for us to double the number of Jimmys on this team......

[​IMG]

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Is there a chance you'll post one rational thought on this site for once ?

Reeko likes this.
  17. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

James harden new Nick name Jimmy.?

Start wearing the rip Hamilton mask for sympathy and next season 15 free throws a game.

MVP trophy!

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’re corny...please don’t ever quote me with your garbage again

HP3 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets lose in 6-7 games to the Warriors, not much will happen other than Harden will work on his game and the Rockets will AGAIN attempt to get creative on how to win the West.

There is a 50/50 chance that the Warriors lose a key piece this off season, one that could end up in them not being able to hold off a healthy and motivated Rockets team.

The problem is that teams like the Clippers and Lakers and Celtics also will likely be improved, and the question is whether the Rockets can beat those teams in 12 months with Harden at 30, and Chris Paul older. The Rockets will improve on some of their weaknesses this summer. I do not doubt that at all, but it just may not be enough.

For now, the Rockets need to worry about winning game 3.

This is the type of series where momentum can shift quickly. As we saw in game 2, injuries can happen and do happen. For all we know Chris Paul or Steph Curry could get hurt and miss the rest of the series....... adjustments could be made and Capela could start playing well..... other than Durant and Harden for short periods of time, no one has really started to dominate yet. For all we know Steph Curry could get red hot and drop 50 or Harden could put the Rockets on his back and give momentum to the Rockets.

slothy420 and FLASH21 like this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

look I hear you.. i know next year would be much more easier than this year...but it just wont be as satisfying. Sick of waiting.