1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Rockets win tonite, Denver lose? Are we #2?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Luckyazn, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Mailman

Mailman Member

Incorrect. Utah has the tiebreaker (best winning percentage between the three teams) over New Orleans and Dallas and would leapfrog those teams to the sixth position.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

My concern is will the Lakers purposely lose to the Jazz in order avoid playing them and push the Jazz to a possible #7 or #6 against us at #2 or #3??

I am certain the Blazers will beat Nuggets at Portland on Weds. Or at least has a better advantage.

But the Mavs can watch tomorrow's game between the Lakers vs Utah and decide if they have to win their last game or not. There are just so many scenarios that can play out that it's still hard to determine who is going where.

But i am certain that Rockets will capture...i repeat WILL CAPTURE #2 spot if they beat Dallas in their last game. I said this because i don't see Nuggets beating the hot TrailBlazers especially at Portland.

I also know the Jazz will play their heart out in their last game against the Lakers because they know that if they beat the Lakers, they will MOVE UP because they know New Orleans and Dallas have some tough opponents.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

When the Lakers crush the Jazz on Wednesday, all your worries will be washed away.

The Lakers will show them exactly what they are up against.

and PJ is no coward, he won't rest his starters, they need to flow with Bynum back in the lineup.

4. mpu

mpu New Member

Utah will face Lakers on road tomorrow,so they will be #8

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Will stupidity reign supereme on this subjest or will common sense
    prevail?

We must not end up in second as we are trying not to meet the lakers before the Conference finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you all understand this simple idea? :p

6. akuma

akuma Member

:confused: :confused:

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Well looks like stupidity just show itself. #2 and #3 spots don't have to face Lakers if they win. So your thought is wrong! It is the #4 and #5 that has to faced Lakers.