1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Morey is fired over this, I'm out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Oct 6, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In terms of doing business it feels like those bridges that former players burned down negotiating a contract with the org or Morey.

Now the Rockets sit at the other end of the negotiation table.

Essentially it is just two business men parting ways. Won't be the end of the world.

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Sure you can, if you're infected with a virus. You just have to get rid of the virus and the whole body will heal.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Whoops. Replied to the wrong interesting quote.

4. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

I would be out as well. If the terms of your business agreement are support for autocracy then you have a **** business model and don't deserve our business.

#64 Der Rabbi, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    AroundTheWorld and malakas like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

Both Harden and Russ could be making a lot less money off court since China cut ties with Rockets..They'd want to be traded to other big market teams sooner or later..

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's a terrible analogy. There's no way you actually believe that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. HAYJON02

The way you're framing it makes the Rockets seem MORE attractive to American players/agents/businessmen/patriots. Just saying, Daryl is not a slave to passion.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He seems to be a slave to his emotions/hot temperament.

Twitter is never a good thing....you guys already have a Reality TV and Twitter President!

Yes and No - the Rockets are about average at attracting players/agents. I believe so.

What I am getting at it's a bad breakup now, maybe one side suffers more than the other..... it's easily Lose lose.

9. Handles

Handles Member

If a communist country has that much power over an American corporation, I won’t even know what to think anymore.

It’s beyond basketball at this point. Is it an American move to follow the dollar? Or an un-American move to disallow freedom of speech?

I lean towards un-American. Tilman and NBA are cowards if Morey loses his job over this. Not everything should be about money (and this is coming from a finance guy).This is a human and American rights issue.

10. HAYJON02

Aw. I seem sympathetic/fair to modern-day Republicans/Russian Nationalists. That smells winny to me. haha thank you!

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. HAYJON02

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Yung-T, Eomor and daywalker02 like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I do support what Morey said and I firmly support his right to do so

That being said , it’s not like he hasn’t put his team and maybe the entire nba is a tight spot

This is a foreign GOVERNMENT vs an American business . Weird situation

beard4life likes this.
  13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Was just about to post this

He won’t pay anyone to go away, hence no D’Antoni extension yet

14. sew

sew Member

No way he gets fired. The amount of backlash Tilman/Rockets will receive if they fire Morey over this will far outweigh any of the potential benefits he gets by 'mending,' their relationship with China. While this situation sucks for Tilman (not much sympathy from me tbh), he'll be better off just accepting his losses in China.

HAYJON02 likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

I have only watched 3 NFL games all my life and didn't understand what's going on.

I am a fan of basketball not american football.

HP3 likes this.
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok so phone has been damaged, and I havent been able to weight in.
    I agree with o.p. first n foremost.

I love the rockets stayed up watching them even at 12 am with work the next day...again 2 bricks with my family name at toyota.

But this is why I never liked the china partnership. N why I was really unsure about tillman buying the team n like I always share this story. Game one one the season when he awarded james the mvp n put undue pressure like 65 games was easy n we would do it again. I was like damn I'm getting bad vibes from him already

I was hoping a Microsoft guy or apple or Amazon person purchased the team so we wouldnt have to rely on china.

Breaks my heart as a veteran of the u.s. that's its controversial to protest or say we stand for freedom.
    Honestly I hope Tillman sales the team in 10 years. I actually think he would? This team to him just seems like a bragging right thing. He ways makes it about him.

Like saying he over ruled the basketball ops on russell. Like why even say that. Yall gotta show solidarity. I love russell too n support it. But it was know reason for Tillman to tell the public this other then to say told u so if good things happen(again ego)

It would break my heart but ima American first. We do crazy stuff here like the kap protest backlash but this my country I was willing to die for even tho I get called the n word n racially profiled n what not.

I still would die for it. Cause it's the hope of being better. That's what America is

N for tillman tp beg from china communists is crazy.

HP3, ronron111 and malakas like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Creative answer. Give you that.

HAYJON02 likes this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

Preach, brother.

19. HAYJON02

I DISAGREE: it's derivative and memey. lol

But in general, certainty is the enemy of growth, and curiosity is the vehicle to growth.

I only say such cheesy dad things (literally, am a twice dad; was 18 and a darling moron when I joined here), because I care very much about the way we discuss the future. Words matter.

malakas and daywalker02 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And in all honesty what is your take on how the Rockets go from here, if we are to talk about the future?

So am I right to assume you side with the majority and draw the good guy, the bad and the ugly here?