1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Please people. This will not hurt the Rockets, but only make them greater.

If you're a Longhorn fan, the triumph over USC was something more. The satisfaction that came from beating the "best college football team of all time" with all the hype and Heismans elevated that game and victory beyond the norm.

If you're a New York Giants fan, beating the Patriots was probably a sweeter experience than the Parcells Super Bowl wins because nobody gave you a chance against the greatest team ever.

If you followed Villanova, that championship was extra special because those kids played at their highest level and beat one of the most powerful teams in NCAA history.

When the Rockets team beats the Heat in the finals, it will be that much sweeter for all the crow that the bandwagon fans and the ESPN hype machine have to eat. Relish the challenge, don't fear it.

2. txmanincali

txmanincali Member

they still dont have a center... we have Yao... nuff said!

3. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

^ Gets it.

So much truth in this post you know these delusional homers are squirming.

I just repped you.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I like how your pep talk fails to leave out any NBA upsets, historically NBA favorites win. Only time I can think of in the last 15 years that it wasnt the favorites were those Detroit Pistons who beat the Lakers. But they benefited greatly from arch enemy number 1 Karl Malone getting hurt.

The favorites the last few years Celtics and Lakers, if Garnett wasnt hurt 2 years ago they would have beat the Magic and we would have had 3 celtics vs lakers finals in a row. The media usually gets it right with the NBA, its a star driven league. Lakers were picked by almost everyone this past year, maybe a few Cavs votes at the beginning of the season.

The Heat automatically become the favorites in the East no matter what all the jealous Clutchfan haters think if Lebron goes to Miami. Like I said by 2012 they will have some cap space to pick players with a specific skillset, ie 3pt shooter, defensive minded center. They wont need role players that do like 3 different things. Some of you are severely underrating Pat Riley.

James and Wade together is like having jordan and magic on the same team.
    James can be the 6'9 pg which is something he has shown he can do, he is one of the assist man in the league and could average 10 plus if he had played with playmakers or finishers before. Wade seems to be the more clutch, better shooter. Then throw in Bosh, thats just gravy...everyone can hate but when the Vegas odds come out, Im sure they will be the favorites year in and out for the next 6 years.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

couldn't have said it better myself.

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I dont see how the Rockets will suffer by an East team that gets stronger? It just gets our chances in advancing through the playoffs a little bit better. If we do meet the Heat in the Finals...anything can happen. Injuries are a part of sports. Luck is as well. I think this power shift to the East is helping our chances greatly.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This.

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The op and this guy sum it up very nice. Note....i'm the Op. lol

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Honestly? I'd root for Kobe in that scenario.

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I didnt read the whole thread, and i dont know if this was posted already but look at the Lakers they had Malone, Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and they couldnt win against a team with 0 superstars. So they are still beatable, and its about chemistry, how they play together.

11. GetToIt

GetToIt New Member