1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. httx713

httx713 Member

Yeah but what if :

Battier dislocates Wade's Shoulder and tears some ligaments

Shaq fracture's Bosh's Face and tears a knee while falling to the ground

Lebron's Ego grows larger than his ambition to win a title...

STIH happens and just like Yao has had a lot of misfortune with his injuries so can an all star team like that. In other words those guys look and sound good on paper but injuries, chemistry and egos cannot be predicted or measured on a stats sheet.

At the end of the day Kobe is the title holder and with those 3 guys going to Miami Kobe is going to work his ass off even harder to show the world he's the best player in the league. Kobe loves a challenge and he'll be ready for them.

" In Yao's foot I Trust "

2. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

You could surround those 3 with a bunch of homeless guys and they would still dominate.

3. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

If the Lakers come out of the West, I don't think the Heat w/ LBJ/Wade/Bosh can win it this year. The reason you need role players is not just that they complement the stars, but that you need a decent bench to keep up with the opposing bench. When the starters are playing, it's hard to imagine how any defense will be able to check those three. But, when they are resting, their bench will get dominated. A team like the Lakers whose starters can hang with those three will make up for any advantage the Heat's starting lineup may have.

The other thing to recognize is that traditionally, championship teams have some size down low. Ultimately Boston lost to the Lakers because they didn't have the size to match up against Pau and Bynum. Bosh is a good PF, but doesn't have the size to control the paint against those two.

If the Rox come out of the west, I like our chances (since that'll mean Yao stays healthy). To beat that heat team, you need size down low, two good perimeter defenders, and a really good bench. Bosh plus a scrub center cannot stop Yao and Scola and we'll have good spacing with Martin, Brooks, and Battier to have a decent offense. We will get eaten up by LBJ and Wade, but our bench will beat theirs pretty badly. This all depends of course on how much of a discount Wade/Bosh/LBJ sign for. If they take a decent amount under the max, they might be able to cobble some role players esp with the higher than expected cap.

4. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

This team won't win jack.

What has Bosh ever done? Please. They still lack size in the paint. And the way Wade has punished his body in his career, it's gonna keep snowballing.

They thing I fear is having to sit through Heat highlights on SportsCenter, which will suck.

I'm glad we didn't get Bosh, dude is overpaid.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

As for the people signing for the minimum, I would submit something Simmons pointed out - with a potential lockout looming, there is no young guy in this league who would want to sign a one year contract, win a ring, and then be broke thanks to the lockout. They will attempt to seek out multi-year deals. Therefore, the Heat if they got those three would be forced to use washed up vets. Shaq, Iverson, maybe T-Mac (and I think Shaq is too proud to play for the vet's min), heck Mobley wants a comeback.

They will have nobody. Period.

As for Capone's "Lebron took people to the finals by himself" card, the NBA, and the East in particular was FAR weaker then it is today, as can be proven by Lebron failing to make the Finals in years afterwards, even with personal improvement and a better (though not good) supporting cast, due to the massive improvements in the East and rise of the Celtics and Magic. This team will make the Finals and lose badly, BEST case scenario. More likely a 2nd round team.

6. worzel gummidge

It may take them 3 years to start peaking, to be able to add the necessary role players, before they dominate.

Until then the next 3 seasons look like the Rocket's window to make a run with Yao anyway. Good timing as long as the Rockets can trade for the star talent this off-season?

7. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

Good description johnStarks on why they wont dominate. I mean do you plan on playing all 3 of them all 42+ mins??? if so they will not be as affective. If they play against a deep team they will lose bc there is no way you can piece together a decent bench full of vet mins that can run with benches like ours and lakers. We would get owned on the wing scoring b/c Martin cant even come close to checking Wade or Lebron. but with our advantages in so many other areas, i think we could handle the heat in a 7 game series fairly easily.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Keep in mind they still have the MLE... They could sign 2 decent players with that. And the rest will be min. contract scrubs.

9. worzel gummidge

MLE and LLE are for teams who do not have cap space.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They may not win it all this year if they can't get guys to sign really cheap (minimum) that are worth anything, but next year they'll have the MLE and the LLE to utilize which would let them fill out the roster a little better. People will go ring chasing with them in Miami.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

LOL.. so true.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If... they sign LeBron. They won't have any cap space at all...

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Since Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are all in their mid-to-late 20s, they're still all in their prime. They have 5-7 years to win multiple championships. Once they polish out their roster and build their chemistry, they will be a VERY HARD team to beat.

14. SunsRocketsfan

if just one of the so called greatest big 3 gets injured they will go from great to just being good...

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

you need to exceed the salary cap at the beginning oft he off-season to quality for MLE

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm sure all 3 players are more than capable of playing with one another. All 3 are so versatile with none of them being locked to one position. The key is that they WANT to play together so they've already thought about possible scenarios about sharing the ball. I believe there is plenty of touches to go around. In Cleveland sometimes you have Lebron handling the ball too much and he needs another player to penetrate and pass off to him and the same goes for Wade. Both Wade and Lebron move very well w/o the ball so either one can penetrate and kick out. I think if anyone is going to get left it out it might be Bosh in the scheme of things. I expect the Heat to be an uptempo team.

They are missing role players though. I think one of the keys is getting a defensive PG that can defend fast PGs like Rondo. Of course now that Wade has Lebron and Bosh he can focus more on defense and could possibly defend the PG position. There are a lot of question marks but with 3 players of that caliber, they are the kind of question marks you don't mind trying to find answers to.

17. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Lebron going to Miami does not guarantee they'll win the Championship... the power in the East will be shifted big time but we all know that means nothing... they'll be a beast of a team on paper no doubt, and the clear favorite to win it all... but as someone has already stated, games still need to be played... bring it on I say... we ain't scurred...

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Lots of HATERZ in this thread, if this team comes to fruition, its gonna spell trouble for the next 6 years. Only good thing I can see coming from it is that atleast Kobe isnt gonna win anymore rings and that him being better than Jordan BS can stop coming out of the Lakers and his nutthuggers mouths.

Last year a Team of D wade and Jermaine Oneal killed us, and some of you think we could destroy this team. LMAO some of you are delusional homers.

While I do agree with the logic, that hey atleast our new york picks will be good and if we lose to the Heat in the finals, it will be a successful season. Its gonna suck knowing the Heat are gonna be world champs for a while. They may not win it this year but they will win it next 2012 for sure. Pat Riley knows what he is doing.

Its amazing that some of you think that a team where Bosh wouldnt be 2nd banana but he would be a clear cut 3rd banana wouldnt be good. When a majority of the people on this board though he could come to this team and be our leader. hahaha amazing

Lebron averages over 8 assist a game, wade averages over 5 or 6. These 2 are more than willing to share the ball. They have all played together numerous times for Team USA, even the all star game. Neither one of these guys is the ball hog/black hole that Kobe Bryant is.

Anyways if this does happen, Ill just be happy that Kobe Bryant is gonna get served everytime he plays this team.

2 people like this.
  19. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

I did watch a limited amount of heat games this year, but from what i saw, out of the main superstars, no one dominates the ball more than Wade. He just simply needs the ball in his hands to make amazing things happen. His assist numbers are comparable to Kobe's. As for lebrons assist numbers, all he had to do was wait for a double team, or drive n dish, and boom Parker or williams would knock down an easy 3. Both players of which shot over 40% from 3 this year, 3 total including gibson. Is lebron gonna dish to wade for 3??? good luck with that and his lifetime 28.9 3pt fg%. Im not saying they wont be good. But to say they def will win a title at latest 2012 i think is a bit ridiculous.

20. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Another problem w/ this team besides the lack of size down low and no bench is no 3pt threat, which you need to keep defenses from just clogging up the middle to take away LBJ and Wade's drives and Bosh's post moves. Opposing teams can just do a zone and leave Rafer open for the 3pt shot. Unless they free up some space to get a center w/ size and a 3pt shooting PG, I'd say they're not a championship team. Very good, yes, but not a championship team.