1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Riley is not a moron. There will be players lined up to get a chance to play with those 3.

Tmac, Iverson, Ray Allen, Rasheed, etc....not necessarily those guys, but players like them will latch on to try to win. Players who will play for minimum.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Why Lebron would want to share the spotlight with Wade is beyond stupid.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Let's not go handing out Championships before a single game has been played.

signed

[​IMG]

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sheed is retired but If those are the closest guys they can get to play for them they are ****ed.

Any smart player would avoid that team for ego problems alone. The press would hound that team soo bad it would make an older vet miserable. Do you think players want to deal with that type of circus?

5. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

I love how people keep saying "They cant do it without a supporting cast" or "theyll be surrounded by nobodies". LeBron took the Cavs to the finals BY HIMSELF SURROUNDED BY NOBODIES.

And for those talkin about "chemistry" and "how are they gonna work together when they all need the ball", did yall see this years all star game? These guys looked like the f*****g Harlem Globetrotters playing together. Wade-28pts, James-25, Bosh-23, with Wade winning mvp and Bosh winning the game with 2 crucial free throws down the stretch. Yes, they CAN play togther.

Im sorry but this team is crushing anyone in their path if they indeed team up. Thread starter is just speaking the truth, if you say otherwise youre just a bitter and angry hater.

6. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

Just throwing great players together doesnt always equal success. I think that alot of people just assume that because the most recent one, ala Celtics, had worked, then any combo can work. Teams on paper dont always work, i believe we can attest to that as short a time back as 2 years ago with a roster that included, T-mac, Yao, scola, artest, battier, brooks, landry. That was one loaded roster. Now Lebron and Wade both dominate the ball. Yes they CAN play with each other, but WILL they be able to sacrifice their numbers year in and year out, and hurt their legacy as great individual players??? we can only wait and see. They r taking 3 guys that averaged ~25+ppg and throwing them on the same team and hoping itl stick. I dont see them winning a champion right away. And I dont see why good role players would take a pay cut to win a championship when none of their "leaders" did. I see them filling out their roster with vet mins.

7. realmustang

realmustang Member

I don't think it'll work out because Wade and Lebron, especially Wade, need the ball in their hands to be effective. Wade is basically going to have to turn into a jump shooter because Lebron is going to have control of the ball. The Lakers still have a better line up then Miami. Artest can slow down Lebron, Kobe can slow down Wade, Gasol can slow down Bosh, Blake is better than anyone Miami can get for the league minimum, and who are they going to get for that same league minimum to stop Bynum and Odom. While it's true that players will be willing to be paid less for a chance to play with those three, it'll be really hard to find 2 starters and at least 3 more quality bench players to do it.

8. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

The key word there is all-star game. Never any defense. Teams give up highlight plays bc thats what the fans are there to see. Do you think fans show up to all-star games to see a game in the high 80's low 90's??? Heck no. That is why offensive all-stars are selected and not defensive all-stars like Battier. No one wants to see Battier putting his hand in Kobe's grill on a jump shot in the all-star game. Most all-star games are in the 120-140 range, so inflated stats such as the Wade 28, james 25, bosh 23 are expected. Im not bitter at all, and it would be ignorant to say that they are not instant contenders for home court in the east, no matter who they fill the roster out. But to say they are instant title contenders, i think is a little pre-mature. Boston got a big 3, albeit not the caliber of this one, but they had some pretty amazing role players set up. Perkins is a borderline all-star center in the east, at the least a top tier defensive center. And Rondo argueably the best overall point guard in the game. you need players to do the little things plain and simple. They only have 4 players on their roster right now, so its impossible to tell just how good they will be.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Again, had Malone not gotten hurt that team would have won a title. Malone got hurt and missed like 40 games. He then blew out his knee in the finals and was virtually ineffective. Normally a good defensive player and a physical force, he was slow with no lateral movement at all and the Pistons picked him apart.

10. tested911

tested911 Member

One thing at a time.. How about we focus on building a team that can get past the 2nd round?

FACT:

In the past 12 YEARS!!!!! The Rockets have only reached the 2nd round ONCE!

So think about that... What if it takes another 12 years? How old will you be? How many kids can you have by then? Graduated College probably.. What career will you have..You will of known at least 3-5 people who have died by then....

12 YEARS is a damn long time...

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

All I know is . ..
    DWADE and LeBron and The Refs will have Yao in Foul Trouble before tip off.
    That is what will bother me most.
    I don't think other teams will get a fair shake with the refs

Rocket River

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Of course you just named every negative thing for Miami and none of the positives.

13. psingh34

psingh34 Member

What is going to happen when nba goes to a hard salary cap like the NFL after this CBA is over... it also remains to be seen how good these guys will be when they dont have the ball in their hands all the time and how good of a team they can put around them .. sure veterans will come to the team, but malone and payton went to LA also and still lost. Overall team is still important and besides most legit contenders have 2 superstars anyway so they are only beating them by one superstar

14. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i guarentee he wont be in foul trouble before tip off

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Again, the Lakers team that lost to the Pistons in the NBA Finals: 4 superstars vs. a team of nobodies. Who came out the winner? Have 3 of the best players in the game doesn't mean a championship. It might mean best record in the NBA, but not the championship.

And did you watch the AS game, yourself, or just go by box score? You do realize there isn't defense played in the game until 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter, right?

Haters gon' hate, right? Of course we are! How is it exactly fair that 3 of the best players get to play on one team? Hardly seems legal, to be honest with you, but that's they way the cookie crumbles. XD

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

That has nothin to do with them being proven to be able to "play together and share the ball" and also their scoring is deflated since they are playing against the best of the west all stars, not an average team in the nba.

And as far as the role players thing, again, Lebron took the Cavs to the FINALS BY HIMSELF, surrounded by nobodies, not to mention still had the best record in the nba the last two seasons, give him a D Wade and a Bosh and watch what he can do, you are underestimating his talent.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda. You don't know the Lakers would have won.

Even after Malone got injured the Lakers still had Kobe, Shaq, and Payton and still lost. So just because you have a bunch of superstars on one team doesn't mean you win. If just one of the superstars goes out with an injury your team may be sunk.

Remember when the rockets had three superstars, how many championships did they win?

18. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

That makes no sense what so ever. How could their stats possibly be deflated with final score of 141-139???? Its easy to play well together when you have 5 all-stars playing together with no defense man.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

For some reason CP3 trying to talk lebron into staying in cleveland scares me more than a miami 3some, especially when said CP3 starts complaining about his team not being upgraded.....

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Nobodies???".... Do you really think the Heat will even be able to afford Jamison, Mo Williams, Shaq, Anderson V., Big Z???.... even though those players are not elite players, at least anymore, that is not what i would call minumum contract players.

Lets take a serious look at what they could afford...

Udonis Haslem (should be back with a pay cut), Maybe Brad Miller(probably too expensive still), Mike Miller or JJ. Reddick (will have to move Chalmers & Beasley),...

Veterans who take a pay cut... Nate Robinson(could get for cheep, more ego then the big 3) Tmac (done, will cause distractions), A.I. (even more distractions).... then you get really cheep...

Rafer Alston, Kurt Thomas, Brian Scalabrine, Tim Thomas, Adam Morrison... might as well mention Brian Cook, Joey Dorsey, and Hilton Armstrong. These are the types of players that will surround them.