1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They will foul him out in the 1st half with the way our backcourt plays D.

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I remember (barely, I was a kid) a time when Pat Riley had an unbeatable team full of superstars. And there was this young Rockets team with a smooth, young 7'4" Center turned forward, and a tough, explosive young center with a funny name and unbelieveable post moves. That Rockets team was better.

3. conquistador#11

psssh, they barely beat Spain and they had kobe.

4. Nero

Nero Member

That Miami team cannot guard Brooks. That Miami team cannot stop Yao.

Battier and Ariza can slow down James and Wade. Scola+Hill+Patterson+whoever would more than make up for Bosh.

And you have a guy in Martin who can score as well as Wade can on an average night.

Basketball is a TEAM game. That Miami team won't even get past Boston, much less win championships. Now if Riley somehow gets some quality players to go play for him there, then maybe in 2 or 3 years, they will manage to make something special.

However, every GM in the league would know this as well, and would be doing everything possible to keep as many of the quality veterans AWAY from Miami.

If they actually put these three guys together, the only real question is, how long before at least one of them is demanding a trade.

5. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

this might just be a blueprint for disaster. a glam move in a superficial and glam city. i wonder how they will fair when the hurricane of reality hits them?

6. dram1

dram1 Member

I think they will have issues staying healthy, not to mention the veterans they will"attract" will have injury issues to deal with. I think they will be a tough team to beat, but they still have to build a team around them that can stay healthy...hard to do if you are an "old vet". But I am glad ( if this is all true) that NY doesn't get him, because that does keep our assets valuable.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The rest of the league might as well forfeit.

Yeah...it'll take them a while to gel and find the proper roll players. Might not even win the whole thing this year. But Pat Riley knows how to win and surround the team with proper roll players. Soon enough you will start seeing slightly aging veterans who will want to latch on to get a chance at the championship.

This is GAME OVER folks.

NY pics are going to be about as useful as a dick without a sink.

8. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

It only takes one injury to any of the big 3 and the team is once again mortal, especially if they are surrounded by scrubs.

Unless there are talks of some high-quality mid-tier players going to the Heat, I'm not overly concerned about them at this time.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This guy already has....

[​IMG]

Bandwagoner! :mad:

No but seriously, you really think the ONLY thing we're worried about are Knicks picks. Hell no! We know what type of team Riley can put around those 3 and the Rockets aren't the only ones hoping these 3 guys don't get together.

This will be the ultimate big 3, but they still have to have luck and health to make it all the way. Something we've lacked.

10. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

i think the lakers can give them a run if they meet in the finals.

kobe guarding wade
    artest guarding lebron
    bynum guarding bosh

and then your still left with pau/odom...

11. Air Langhi

Wade, lebron, bosh will get 80 points. The other 6 rotation players need to get 20-25 a night. 25/6=4.1. I am sure then can find some scrubs or older players to do that. If they keep beasly he gives them 10-15 pts.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have serious doubts about this team holding up over a season and signing ANY key players surrounding them. If just one of the big three suffers an injury you can count them out and its almost inevitable that Bosh will have to play center and going against players like D. Howard and Shaq every night will take its toll on his body.

That brings us to their reserves. What team in the history of the NBA has won a championship with 10 players playing for the league minumum? Even if they pull a sign and trade with one of these players there still will be minimum cap space available to get anything above the league minimum.

The only real threat to the Rockets is them making offers to Lowry or Scola in which we cannot match. In this case Miami would not have enough to offer anyways so this isnt a major worry.

Look for T-Mac to try and ride their coat tails on this roster some how. Maybe even A.I. too. What a locker room disaster this could turn out to be.

It could be very entertaining to watch that unfold then we get one of the top three players at the trade deadline next year because they all want out. Wishful thinking but it could end up this way very easily. Whats the saying... too many Chiefs and not enough role players.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their ass!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_N1OjGhIFc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m_N1OjGhIFc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

man sammy, you give up too easily.

I can't believe what I'm seeing in here. It's like people haven't seen these type of experiments before.

2000 lakers with Malone, Payton? Pat Riley the genius that couldn't get past us in 94? with the worst record in the NBA a couple years ago.

The is Basketball people, not doubles tennis.

Until I see them on the court and see them in the playoffs it's just a circus with heat jerseys on. Nothing more.

#74 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Doubt the first statement, especially considering there's one ball, so there will be significant diminishing returns then.
    There is also the fact that neither Wade, Lebron, or Chalmers are great three point shooter. A smart team like us will just pack it in and dare them to beat us with their jumpers. On the offense, as has been stated, Brooks and Yao will annihlate the opposing defenders while we have guys who can defend Lebron and Wade.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It wasn't the 2000 Lakers for whatever it's worth. Any that team would have won a championship had Karl Malone not been injured. What took them apart was a hobbled Malone getting tooled by Rasheed.

Anyway, I can't get upset about the Heat building a superteam when I haven't seen anything to suggest the Rockets are going to get to the Western Conference Finals, let alone the NBA finals. Why should we worry about how good the Heat may or may not be in the finals? We need to be worried about how we are going to get out of the first round.

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

agreed. we'll play 'em twice in the regular season. whats to fear?

as currently constructed we'll probably be first round fodder so no suffering there ...

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Not a good analogy. Malone and Payton were on the downside of their careers. Shaq and Kobe were always fighting.

Wade, Bron and Bosh are three young guys who are all top 10 players in the prime of their careers. Of course the games still have to be played.

But if the Rockets had signed these three players, every single person on here would be planning June parades from 2011-2025.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not if it's just those 3 players and ZERO cap space. I don't consider myself delusional. BTW that Laker team didn't keep it close with Detroit, they got smoked in that series.

20. Air Langhi

QFT. If we got those three, every rockets fan would be jumping for joy.