1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Lebron goes to Miami....the Rockets will suffer.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 8, 2010.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

If Miami signs all three the best they could do is something like this:

Miami Heat:
    C: Joel Anthony | D.J. Mbenga
    PF: Chris Bosh | Micheal Beasley
    SF: Lebron James | Devean George
    SG: Dwayne Wade |Devin Brown
    PG: Rafer Alston | Mario Chalmers

Uuu! Im so scared.... :rolleyes:

I'd put the Rox up against that team any day of the week!!
    Our depth and overall team talent would prevail!!! suck it OP!! :p

Rockets:
    C: Yao Ming | Jordan Hill | Brad Miller
    PF: Luis Scola | Patrick Patterson | Chuck Hayes
    SF: Trevor Ariza | Shane Battier | Jared Jeffries
    SG: Kevin Martin | Chase Budinger | Jermaine Taylor
    PG: Aaron Brooks | Kyle Lowry | Ishmael Smith

--RB

2. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Yao and Tracy had championship written all over it. even the Stats said so. Never happened. Gotta play the games.

3. Raven

Raven Member

If this happens, I'm going to delete ESPN for my cable menu. Hell, I should do that anyway.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

A team like that will always find ex-players towards then end of their career looking to gravy train a ring, and you can always sign backups to the MCE.

Backup players are easy to find, it's the stars that are tough.

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

you really think that heat team is a 45 win team with lebron?? u smokin some nice doja.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

go talk to morey like that

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they wont get james, him to cleveland is all but a foregone conclusion, and they don't stand a chance against la, miami's best 2 players are at the same spot as the lakers best 2, and the lakers are arguably better at those 2.

From there you have $50m worth of talent on the lakers vs about 15 for miami, all in all, pretty amusing from there.

8. Aleron

Account for injuries and the rest of the team being league minimums and 45 isnt far from the truth until they could get a cpl mle's in subsequent years.

9. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Eh, that team would beat Lakers.

Wade >> Kobe, Bosh > Pau, and Lebron >>>>> Artest. It's seriously not like Blake/Fisher would torch them for 30+ points, so that matchup is a wash. Let's not even talk about Bynum...he's such a fail and not worth mentioning if he wasn't on the lakers.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

And I always thought Rockets fans were intelligent. Give me a break. Lebron James, Wade, Bosh equals minumum 55 wins.

11. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I can't help but wonder, how the f does that team guard Yao?

12. Aleron

Wade misses about 10 games a year, so does Bosh, James is a trooper, but even he was showing signs of stress related injuries from having to be Atlas for 5 years and expect probably 4-5 off for him, take into account that they have zero depth so basically whenever they play a non terrible with one out, they likely lose, 2 out and its guaranteed.

Sure if all 3 play 82 games I could see 55-60, but you need to throw away at least 10, maybe more to injuries.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course you had to pick the wrong two examples just to make your point. Genious! :rolleyes:

14. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

I am another not sold on it being an unbeatable team. Against any playoff team they are losing at least 2 of the starting 5 and then also the bench. I can see them struggling on the wins also... say Wade gets his yearly injury, the same time Bosh or Lebron is out and that's one ordinary team. I can't see it lasting, one of them will hold up the ball more than the others like... Bosh gets upset he never sees the ball as he averages about 14 points a game while Wade and Lebron have shoot outs.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm curious as to how David Stern will react to this potential development. It's my belief that to prevent future player collusions, Stern will bring down the hammer. Because this can't be good for the NBA popularity. I think he may almost let it go if the Knicks had gotten the trio, but Miami? It would be a big blow to the NBA popularity.

And Stern doesn't even have to be obvious about it. Just have refs call travels as travels. Have refs refuse to give James/Wade FTs when they barrel down the lane and ram into defenders. Have refs call the game loosely inside and let Bosh suffer the Yao-treatment. And Miami will end up winning jack squat.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look man I understand your concerrn but talent doesn't always win out. The pieces need to fit together. With Wade and Lebron on the same team, who's gonna be the perimeter shooter to create space for them to do their thing? If Wade and LBJ are on the same team all you need to do is clog the paint and play zone and its gonna be hard for Wade to do anything at all.

It worked in team USA because they had Paul and Deron there to space things out. In miami who do they have? Chalmers? Wade and Bosh or Wade and LBJ are ok, but Wade Bosh and LBJ wouldn't work. At all.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well didn't the NBA experience record ratings when the Bulls were winning 6 in a row? And chicago isn't really all that different from Miami.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Apples and oranges. Jordan was lifetime Bull, and he was clearly the only star. And his support cast came through shrewd trades and signings, not a couple of other stars signing with him.

As for Miami vs Chicago in terms of media market size

1 New York
    2 Los Angeles
    3 Chicago
    4 Philadelphia
    5 Boston
    6 San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
    7 Dallas-Ft. Worth
    8 Washington, DC
    9 Atlanta
    10 Houston
    11 Detroit
    12 Tampa-St. Petersburg
    13 Seattle-Tacoma
    14 Phoenix
    15 Minneapolis-St. Paul
    16 Cleveland-Akron
    17 Miami-Ft. Lauderdale

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

NY Yankees builds championship team every year, yet they don't win it every year. A James, Wade and Bosh team will definitely be an elite team, but they play the games for a reason. I doubt NBA will be happy to have 3 superstars on 1 team because it means there will be a lot more bad teams. The first year if they are together will draw a lot of fans everywhere, but after that, you'll see fans disinterested seeing their home teams are sorrily assembled.

20. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Championship? LOL. No way. None of them play defense. They have no shooters to spread the court. They have no center. They have no point guard. Chris Bosh isnt reliable down the stretch, Wade tends to dominate the ball, and Lebron disappears in critical playoff games (sore elbow :rolleyes: ). This whole big 3 will be one big PUBLICITY STUNT to further promote themselves and they're brands. It's not ever about the rings to them