1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If healthy can the Rockets win a 7-game series with the Warriors as currently constructed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Can we beat GS in 7-game series as currently constructed?

1. Yes, definitely

2. Probably yes

3. Probably no

4. Definitely no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Against most teams the Rockets can get away with their offensive dry spells .... they cant afford those against the Dubs. If they stay efficient offensively they can beat anyone. They cant become chuckers , the offense has to stay in attack mode ....

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would break it down for you basketballholic...but you can’t handle the truth!!

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We are well positioned to beat the Warriors if one of their stars gets injured. If they're not injured, our odds are low, but better than anyone else's.

I'll take it.

Deuce, J Sizzle, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

insiders talks to and asks GMs, coaches, & players

fake insiders creates polls and asks clutchfans

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are probably right but I voted yes because I really like the way we match up against them when healthy. They can't hide curry against us defensively + capela vs zaza/bell/javale is a huge mismatch in my eyes.

Also luc, tucker, trev gives us the versatility to defend their perimeter players without giving up offense.

I like to compare it to baseball. In baseball, one of the keys to winning is having a bunch of 5 tool players. The closest thing to a 5 tool mlb player in NBA is a guy who can shoot and play defense: a 3 + D guy. GSW has a lot of these types of players: Thompson, Green, Iguodala to name a few.

I think Daryl Morey loaded up on these types of players with Ariza, Luc, and Tucker. I believe that you need those types of players in order to matchup with Golden State. That's why I think Anderson isn't that valuable to us anymore.

D-rock likes this.
  6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

anything can happen in the playoffs, us coming back from being down 3-1 against the clips to the Davis's warriors beating the #1 seed Mavs in the playoffs, I wouldn't be shocked if we beat them.

I say this we can score with any team in the nba but if we play great defense (assuming that we face them) we have a really good chance mostly better chance than any other team.

ElDobleK, Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

mauri breh has assembled a team built to go blow for blow with the warriors.

my worry is us getting to the wcf. seems like we're focused and have every weapon against the warriors, while mismatched against other western teams. reminds me of our team with dream, we could have blown jordan's bulls out of the water, but couldn't get passed seattle and utah.

hakeem94, Daddy Long Legs and D-rock like this.
  8. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

The 1994-95 Rockets as a 6th seed probably had less than a 2% chance of winning the championship if you go by the math alone. So given that Houston is likely the 2nd best team in the league, of course we have a realistic chance.

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hell yes the Rockets can take GSW in 7 game series. Anyone who says “no” has a kick in the nuts comimg to them. This a different team, a different Harden from last season. #Believe

10. farhen

farhen Member

in jimmy we thrust!

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

If everyone is healthy, Houston match up well with teams that play small. So why not?

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Realistically, we need to trade for Ricky Rubio, sign D-mo, and bring Pippen out of retirement. Then we’d be good as gold

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we're talking about having a shot at those guys then it depends on two things:

1) We are a top 10 defense post all star break; and,
    2) We are able to sign either a PG or C who can legitimately challenge for rotation minutes.

#2 is likely to happen. We are #2nd best destination in the league right now for buyout candidates and we can offer more minutes than the Warriors, especially at PG or C. Black has been alright and Nene has looked less prepared than last season. Meanwhile, we need some damn depth behind Gordon even just for games like the Magic game. Come on you can't tell me there's no one on this planet we can sign for a non guaranteed minimum who can give us 5-10 minutes a game?

I think we'll be fine. I think the defense will be excellent post all star break. We had a post all star slump last season so they will learn from that by relying on defense + we have good individual defenders, just some improved concentration/familiarity/health should help tremendously.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We need Dmo

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  16. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

I've never believed you can beat a team at their own game... when they are the best at it.

Can the Rockets out shoot the Warriors 4 times in 7 games? I don't think anyone can... I think right now the Rockets are the second best team in the league but I don't see anyone beating the Warriors at their own game or at all for that matter.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

so basically the key is to somehow bring the warriors to play our game. but we're built to play their game v_v

D-rock likes this.
  18. basketballholic

How close are we?
    What could we realistically do by the deadline to make our odds much higher?

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is the answer you’re fishing for “Trade Capela”, perhaps? Is that what you want somebody to say?

D-rock, ApacheWarrior and Deuce like this.
  20. basketballholic

It's about winning a championship this year. Nothing else. If we can win a championship and keep Capela, I'm all in. I'd like to read what a quality poster like Will and others think we need to get over the top. Not your constant bs trying to attribute motive when the thread is OBVIOUS!

If you can't answer the question with a well thought out opinion, go away twerp.