1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If healthy can the Rockets win a 7-game series with the Warriors as currently constructed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Can we beat GS in 7-game series as currently constructed?

1. Yes, definitely

2. Probably yes

3. Probably no

4. Definitely no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Its possible we probably need zaza to take out curry.

2. basketballholic

If Zhou gets healthy he could very well be part of the defensive solution.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

When talent became the most important key to winning

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

we'd have what, maybe a 20-25% chance? No other team would be above 5%.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess losing to GS 0-3 thus far, proves that statement. oh wait..

6. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

To me it all depends on Eric Gordon. If he is hot and hitting his 3s we are nearly unbeatable. If he goes 0-9 from three the games are too tight and Golden State would win easily.

Also, the Rockets need to rest Harden down the stretch. He ran out of gas in the playoffs. If we have the number 2 seed locked up and no chance to catch the Warriors Harden needs to rest.

7. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

We already beat then twice and had a 4th qtr lead that the refs helped to sway. So can we beat them? Yes.

Here are the keys:
    1. The refs don't screw us by giving GS a bunch of sweat heart calls during critical junctures of the game.
    2. Capella dominates (or at least consistently draws defenders on PnR)
    3. If #2, most of our outsider shooters hit AT LEAST their season average %

If they take away #2, #3 is moot cause we are too easy to defend in the playoffs.

Harden will Harden and CP3 will CP3. The rest remains to be seen but we do have what it takes to beat them.

(Oh, we also need Harden to not have terrible turnovers in the 4th qtr but I'm hoping CP3 helps in that dept.)

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we had Ricky Rubio we'd run away with this thing ... Forget about it.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

30% chance if we’re fully healthy and firing on all cylinders...I’d go up to as high as 40% if we had HCA

10. Artestsuckskobe

Sorry I was thinking ryno had a three year deal... yes it would have to be a three team trade but dumping him and trading Ariza could wet us up for a possible lebron deal next year... z bo would be great **** I’d take farried or a youngster with energy at this point but would cost at least a 1st rounder and nene assuming we could get bogur as a back up...

11. Artestsuckskobe

Luc was definitely a great steal! Dude can ball and I know Paul had a huge influence on bringing him here

12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Rumor has it Shane Stant is looking for work. Park him in the first 5 rows and see if we strike gold....

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This team is built to beat the Durant less warriors, and even with him maybe they could steal 1 game on the road. I say the only way rockets beat this team is with lebron at PowerFoward.

Lebron James for Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordan, Pj Tucker, plus 2 future 1st

for Lebron James, Ante Zizic,

Not gonna happen lol.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Your going to have a bad time when you grow up and realize that regular season basketball is a completely different sport than post season.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

been around the game too long to not have seen anything or expect anything new. playoff basketball is one of my favorite times of the year.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Rockets may have beaten the warriors twice but they had to play near perfect just to beat them.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, all things are possible but they play for a coach whose system has not done well in the post season which I attribute to MDA's lack of emphasis of defensive basketball. That puts them (Rox) at a distinct disadvantage when facing a driven, championship caliber team that's locked in on winning a title ala GSW. Plus, I just don't feel that this is a mentally tough team - sure they have players who are mentally tough like CP3, Gordon and Capella but overall this is not a group that can weather adversity all that well. Just look at what went down in LA against the Clipps and you can understand why I think this way. They completely went off the rails when an inferior opposing team got rough and nasty with them. And in the playoffs, when everything is on the line, it takes a tough, hard-nosed mindset to overcome the challenges and the pressure. After what went down in Game 6 against SA last year, I really have to see this team overcome adversity in the playoffs before I could give them more than an outside shot at taking 4 games from GS in a playoff setting.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Hmm, I wish tyson chandler was available since the phoenix bigs rotation is too full and they keep rotating him, alex lin, and greg monroe in and out of the lineup. Of the three, tyson is the toughest, most veteran, and still has enough in the tank to play d and rebound.

raining threes likes this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I really don’t want to express why you felt the need to create a thread on this when it’s been discussed like crazy already.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]